Brexit means.... Brexit ?

"Hey, Polen!" He swung the doors open with an enthusiastic shout. His wide smile soon faded and morphed into a questioning expression. His mouth slightly parting in disbelief in what he was seeing.

What was France doing here?

For all that time he knew France she avoided the bicoloured country, sometimes she even seemed to approve of Germany's jokes about him.
Poland on the other hand seemed to be still a bit bitter about France's politics during the World War II...
At least that's what everyone thought.

That was the only thing everyone knew of the two;

They lived their separate lives,

Went their separate ways,

And disagreed on politics...

That was all that Germany knew.

He never questioned what could've happened between them in a distant past.

Maybe he was just being ignorant?
After all, Poland was talking to him now and what he's done during that period was far worse... Even if he was completely deranged at the time, and even if he had changed deep down he knew that most countries saw his actions rightly so as unforgivable...

But, up until now he was certain that the two of them disliked eachother.

Yet, there they were. Sitting next to eachother. Being mere inches apart.
Too close for his liking. His dark eyes noticing a white hand rubbing France's back.
He felt a painful prick to irritation to his subconscience.
His face soured.

Five or six seconds.

That's how long it took for a tense and awkward atmosphere to fill up the entire room, as the Germanic country stood still, unmoving, silently questioning everything.

The Pole raised a brow at his unresponsiveness, waiting for him to say something.

"Am I... interrupting something?" The tricoloured nation asked, his tone much  harsher than usual.

"No, not really. Me and France were just talking and-"

"Polen, can I talk with you for a moment?" He cut him off as if fearing having to hear the explanation for this weird occurence.

"Um... Alright, what was that thing you were so eager to tell me ?"
The bicoloured nation asked as he narrowed his eyes, sensing something off about Germany's demeanor.

"Great Britain left the EU." The German responded, still looking a bit more annoyed than usual, something that Poland assumed must've been caused by the political disputes with Great Britain.

"Oh yeah, I've heard. I'm guessing that he complained and blamed you for everything before leaving too?" He retorted, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, how did you know?" The German squinted, putting his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

"He's been ranting about how you and Belgium are dragging out his stay in the EU for months now. Don't worry, you're not the only one who was on his list of reasons why. I was pretty high up there as well." The other man commented with a note of sarcasm in his deep voice.

" What do we do now?"

"I don't know, Niemcy. I'm not Belgium to make any grand decisions about this union but, UK's departure means a departure of a significant military force from the EU. We should probably make up for the losses somehow." The Polish nation shrugged. He wasn't quite sure why Germany would even ask him this in the first place. He held very little political power in comparison to Germany, and it's not like he was particularly fond of Poland's ideas either. The French nation didn't speak. With a look of concern she observed and listened to the conversation, feeling increasingly more worried for the company.