A job for a mechanic

10 pm, the provincial office - City of Szczecin

Somewhere in the empty halls, a troubled spirit lingered. Unresting, yet tired, the man flicked through the files.
This was the fifth folder he went through today. His body had slowly started to disobey already.
His vision went hazy, the glasses didn't seem to help out much either.

Silence.
It was ever so quiet at night.

Maybe this is why he liked this province so much. It was his usual weekend get away. A quiet town with a tranquil nature and a pretty, colourful architecture.
There was something rather soothing about its atmosphere.

If he could only properly enjoy his stay without work getting in the way.

An unexpected sound quietly echoed through the hall; someone was knocking on the doors.
At this time?
Here?

The country got up, stretching out his arms towards the celling and arching his back lazily, with a satisfying crack. His spine ached after hours of sitting down.

The nation walked up to the large wooden doors.

What or rather who the doors have revealed to him shouldn't be as much of a surprise as he initially felt it was.

"Hey, um... I have a problem." The German looked at him with a note of concern in his round, worried eyes.

"You sure do, it's the middle of the night." Remarked the bicoloured country, crossing his arms and leaning his back against the door frame.

"Don't pretend that you were sleeping. You literally have coffee stains on your shirt... You didn't even change your trousers since I saw you at work." The younger protested, pointing out the dark brown spots that stained the other man's white shirt. His voice was much more irritable than pleading this time as he grew annoyed with the other. Germany didn't dismiss him early today so that he would work at home.
Up until now, the Polish nation didn't even notice that he had spilled some coffee on himself, exhaustion must've numbed his senses too much for him to take notice of things like these.

"Why are you here?" The older man asked, his tone sounded as tired as he looked.

"Why are you still working? You're at home. Get some down time for once. It's Friday night, you killjoy." Huffed the tricoloured nation, unintentionally raising his voice. How was he supposed to not get frustrated with him? He told him that he was going to take a break in this city for a short while, then he goes and does the exact opposite of resting.

"Hypocrite. You didn't just come here to ridicule me, did you?" Asked the bicoloured country.

"No. I need a favour." The Germanic nation's tone softened as he put his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket and shifted this weight from leg to leg anxiously.

"A favour?" The Pole raised a brow.
Why would anyone need anything from him at this time?

"My car broke down." His dark eyes looked away from the other's face.

"So... Do you need some tools or?"

"No... I... I need you." The Germanic country stuttered, his voice somewhat shakey as he rubbed his hands together.
He looked so uncomfortable saying this, and the poor choice of phrasing only made it worse for both of them.

"I beg you pardon." The Pole's silver eyes widened in disbelief in what he was hearing. Surely, this must've been just his tired mind playing tricks on him and he was either mishearing or misinterpreting things.

"You used to be an engineer, right? Could you um... you know... fix it?" The tricoloured nation asked hesitantly, slightly red in the face and ashamed by the fact that he was forced to ask for help.