The fated meeting - TO BE REWRITTEN (?)

As Poland entered the building, Germany's smug glare was met with Poland's somewhat blunt, yet still barely noticeably confused and worried stare, as he first windened then squinted his silvery blue eyes in surprise and his left eyebrow dropped. Germany let out a small, inaudible hum of satisfaction as he let out a soft sigh, grinning, seeing that the other country's professional demeanour was challenged for a split second.

"Guten morgen, Polen~" He purred in a low tone.

("Not what you were expecting, now.. huh?") he thought to himself, smiling at the small signs showing the other country's concern.

"Umm.. Good morning, Niemcy. Where's France?" He asked, with a slight tint of anxiety in his deep voice. Seeing the sharp, arrogant eyes of Germany and a half smile making him assume the worst. He was hoping that this was not the case, that Germany wouldn't be his guide for today and to make it worse he couldn't help but notice that Czechia was getting late, was he even going to show up today at all?

"France?" Scoffed the German, " Why? Are you not happy to see me? It sure didn't look like you weren't yesterday." He remarked mockingly. "France is busy with the other group, and because you're predictable I can already tell you that Czechia is not coming, so don't even ask."

His worst predictions have been confirmed, he's stuck here, alone with Germany that didn't have to pretend to be nice towards him anymore. He furrowed his brows slightly in dismay.

(" He won't be easy on me today.") He though, knowing that there was no repercussions to Germany's actions, and judging by his provocative, mocking facial expression he knew just what the other country had in plans for him. ("Ok, Polska. He WILL try to poke fun at you and make you lose your temper. Do NOT fall for it.")

"I have got to admit, you've arrived surprisingly early. I wasn't expecting this from you. What do I owe to this pleasant occurrence to? New car perhaps?" The tricoloured country continued speaking with a slightly sadistic-looking grin, his eyes fixed on the other. Poland already knew where he was going with this. Germany had no reason to justify thinking that Poland was ever be the late type; he always arrived early on every NATO meeting and military practice, which to him could only mean one thing...

" Hah... and there I was thinking that at least for once you could be more creative with your jokes instead of repeating the same thing over and over for the past six decades..." he said firmly in his usual low voice, " tell me Niemcy, aren't you getting bored with the same old 'You're a petty car thief' joke? You know very well I never stole anyone's car, especially yours."

Clearly unhappy with the other's response, Germany's brows dropped slightly and his eyes half-closed.

("You bite back, huh? I was gonna make it a bit easier on you today as it's your first day here, but if that's how you wanna play, then rough play is what you're gonna get.")

"Hm~ is my little Poland getting upset? Are jokes no longer allowed around here? I haven't heard anything about it, don't you think that I should be the first to get informed about such important decisions being made here? I am the main head of the EU after all." The German retorted, hoping to get a better reaction out of the white and red country, but the white and red country only responded with an almost emotionless expression, eyes half closed, showing slightly pinkish eyelids, and his sparkly grey irises constricted. He should've known, Germany was only putting on the friendly face yesterday out of the sheer necessity, but what he wasn't aware of was that it was Germany that was going to be his team leader, this thought pained him. Up until this point he was convicted that he was going to work with France, at least that's what he was told at the beginning when signing the contract.

This lack of response only irritated the tricoloured country further.

"Not so talkative today, huh? Very well then," He rose from his seat, his glasses shifting a little as he did so, as he fixed them back in place with his index finger. " Come with me, I'll show you your office." He said in a harsher decisive tone.

The slightly shorter country followed him in the same pace, walking by his side.

They passed through multiple long corridors illuminated by the strong sun rays that were crashing through the countless windows of this glass building.

They finally reached their destination, a large office with mostly white and black, modernistic furniture. Long shelves on the left wall and the large, heavy-looking desk were yet to be personalised with someone's small belongings. What made Poland truly happy to see this room was the enormous glass window that covered whole of the wall, giving him a nice overview of the city below him, as well as the blue sky decorated with very few soft clouds scattered across it.

Poland's shimmering silver eyes dilated and his previously indifferent grimace slowly turned into a barely noticeable smile.

Germany turned his gaze to look at the other country, the snow-white skin of the other reflected the strong sunlight, leaving a white, aura-like effect. His golden halo and silvery blue eyes shimmering, his face had a mellow peaceful expression on it. Sudden wave of heat washed over Germany's face, without him even realising it. He looked away avoiding eye contact with the other as he pretended to cough in order to draw the other country's attention to himself.

"Ahem. So this is your new office, you better get yourself comfortable now, because you have a lot of work to do later."

Poland's mellow expression was now gone, as he was pulled back into the reality. ("Already? It's introduction day and he is not even showing me around the building or explaining how anything is working around here, he didn't even explain what work I had to complete. What kind of a self-proclaimed boss was he?") It's not that Poland felt that he was completely lost and didn't know what to do, he was a fast learner and was more than happy to work independently, but the fact the Germany didn't seem to care much about living up to his responsibilities and reputation really had taken him aback. Poland wasn't the type to just leave his responsibilities or half-ass them, and seeing a country that was always talked about as the "work obsessed" one made him confused beyond belief.

"I'll leave you now, take all of your stuff out. I'll be back in an hour or so and I'll bring you the documents to work on."

With that, the German left the room and disappeared in one of the countless corridors, leaving Poland to himself, in a dead silence.