Royal Pain (Ch4)

I look over Noi and see the human awake. "The human is escaping!" Noi yells, "On it!" I yell back and run after the human. "Gah!!!" She screams and runs into what looks like a kitchen.

I draw my dagger and point it at her, "Move and you'll regret it." I glare at her and she panics grabbing something off the counter.

It's round with a handle and she's holding it in a battle stance. An odd weapon as it's well, round. Her battle stance is sloppy, but still, it's impressive how she was prepared. "A weapon?! You just had that there?! You, humans, are oddly prepared. Respect." I say before getting into a fighting stance as well.

"Back off or I will f-hecken scream!" The human yells panicked. I have a feeling she's not much of a fighter.

"Not the first time I'd make a human female scream," Leif says and I whack him on the head. "Leif did you even hear what you just said?!" I growl at him.

"What jealous?" He smirks at me and I look at him in disgust, "No way!" I look back at the female and see the fear in her eyes. Now I can read that. She's frightened.

"Guys, lower your weapons," I demand and they look at me confused. "What?" They say in unison. "Don't question me!" I demand and they do as I say. I lower mine and walk towards the human slowly.

"Hey, I see that you're frightened... This must be very strange for you. Please, put down the weapon so we can talk. Trust me okay? I won't hurt you." I say in the most soothing voice I can, she calms slightly but is still scared.

"I saw your friend set a tree on fire! Are you guys the devils' servants?!" She asks, and I look at her confused. "No, we are Daemos. We are here with peaceful intent to-" I'm cut off by Asch. Again. Hate is not a powerful enough word to describe my feelings towards him.

"Why are none of you in battle stance?! It has a weapon! Y/n!? Get away from it!" Asch exclaims coming into the room we're in. She instantly goes from scared to petrified and suddenly she throws the weapon at my face before running in the direction of the door.

I fall to the ground and rub my face where it made contact with the weapon. "Y/n!" Noi yells helping me sit up. "Ow... What is wrong with that human?" I ask sighing as I stand up.

Pierce grabs her and she starts screaming for him to let her go. Rhys and Asch argue about killing her and I just stand there trying to make sense of this world. I just need to think, I'm missing something here...

Leif tries to calm her but only scares her more and at this point, I'm losing my sh- "Cover her mouth or something!" I yell to Pierce, her screams are getting on my nerves. He does this and the screaming becomes muffled and more bearable. Still annoying, but bearable. This is going to be a long day...

I just need to think.

We wait for her to stop screaming but she doesn't stop. Then it finally hits me, how did I not think of this before?!

"Let me try something." I say walking up to her, "We've tried everything! What are you going to do?!" Asch complains. I ignore him, walking up to the human, looking her dead in the eye.

"Hey you, human." I clap my hands in front of her to get her attention, "Shut up." I say bluntly and she stops screaming, "Heh, who new pet commands used on Daemos could work so easily here too." I state, backing off from her and giving her more room. "Good work y/n." Rhys compliments me and I smile slightly at the recognition.

"Human, forgive our intrusion. If we let you go would you please not scream. We promise we won't hurt you." Rhys says trying to calm her. She nods and Pierce lets her go.

She turns to him and he pats her head before she turns to face us looking confused. "Um... What the hell are you guys?" She asks still shaken up.

"That doesn't matter, now tell us about your world or-" Asch starts to threaten her and I see her become more fearful.

"Asch if you don't stop threatening her we'll get nowhere in finding out about this Earth!" I yell at him and comes towards me, "Watch your mouth!" He yells at me and I glare at him. I've had enough, he can't punish me here in the ways he did on Daemos. Time to finally speak my mind. "Make me! You royal pain in my ass!"

He growls at me, coming closer so we are nose to nose and he goes to shoot me with a fireball but Rhys yells at him. "Your majesty! Killing one of our own will only weaken us! She may need to watch her tongue but you killing her is going to make matters worse!"

Asch growls and makes the fireball disappear. "You're lucky we aren't on Daemos or I'd have-" "My head? Yeah, I know. But we aren't on Daemos are we Asch? So how about you stop being dumb and try to figure out how this place works!" I growl at him and if looks could kill both of us would have killed each other by now.

"Daemos? Royal? What's happening?" The human asks and Rhys looks at her. "Let me explain, we are from another world and go by the name Daemos-"

"Your name is Daemos?" She asks and Rhys shakes his head. "No, we are Daemos."

"You're all named Daemos?" She asks and Rhys shakes his head again. "No, my name is Rhys and-"

"Your world is rise?" She asks and Rhys shakes his head again. I can tell he's getting frustrated, "No, we are from another world. Our home is being threatened by a horrible monster, who threatens to in gulf everything we care about." Heh, nice lying Rhys.

"What?" She asks, kinda concerned.

"Yes, so we've come to E-arth to learn about it. To discover if this world is suitable for us to move our people here." Rhys explains.

"Move you people here?" She asks and Noi looks confused, why is he so unbelievably slow? "Wait. That's not-" I go to slap Noi but Leif beats me to it and I laugh at them. "Just go with it Noi!" I whisper yell at him.

"We truly have no idea where we are in this world. Or how to begin living in it." Rhys explains, "So please, can a powerful sorcerer such as yourself help us?" He asks kneeling towards her.

The rest of us do the same and Asch reluctantly does too. She looks at us wide-eyed and goes red, embarrassed. "Heh heh, one second..." She says going into a different room and closing the door.

We all look at each other confused, "Why is she going into the death room?" Leif asks. "Perhaps to make communication?" Rhys responds uncertain.

We need to trust her. And she needs to trust us.