Ice-Cream! (Ch10)

We walk down the hall but instead of taking the stairs this time we take a magic box. "Woah! What is this?!" I ask looking around. Rhys also begins studying different aspects of the box while saying "Fascinating" way too many times.

"This is an elevator. It takes you up and down the levels of the building more easily and faster than walking." Ava states as she presses one of the buttons.

I feel it start to move and grab the side, "It's okay. You're fine." She says smiling and I nod nervously. "This is fascinating! How does it work?" Rhys asks, seeming interested, but not daring to let go of the railing.

Then elevator stops and makes a ding noise before the doors open. By themselves might I add!

We walk out of the elevator and then out of the building. Ava delivers the box and then looks over at me, "Why did we have to wait here?" Rhys asks as she walks back over to us.

She told us to wait in the for her as she delivered it and we're confused as to why.

"Because then I would have to introduce you and stuff and it's best not to start doing that. Plus I don't want him getting any ideas. Mrs Oats already thinks I'm into- nevermind" Ava says before walking off and we follow her. What was she going to say?

"Into?" I ask with a raised brow, "It's ahaha... Nothing nothing." Ava responds, her face reddening slightly. Hmmm, whatever it is it's embarrassing to her.

"OH!!" She yells and her eyes light up like stars as she looks over to a strange thing that has other humans gathering around it. "ICE-CREAM TRUCK!" Ava yells again and walks over to the thing she called an ice-cream truck.

"Out of my way losers!" She says pushing a tiny human over, I laugh at her behaviour.

"I wonder why she's getting hysterical over an 'ice-cream truck'" Rhys states and I shrug.

We walk over to her and her eyes are even brighter then stars at this point. "Ava, what are you doing?" Rhys asks confused.

"Oo! A friend! TWO friends!!" The human in the ice-cream truck states grabbing stuff and holding it out for Ava to take. "Here, on the house to celebrate these new friends!" They say happily. What a cheerful human.

"I mean they're not really a friend- but you know what, thank you," Ava says grabbing them. I kinda feel hurt that she's says I'm not her friend. I don't know I guess it's just I saved her life multiple times from the royal pain I thought we would be friends. Each to their own I guess.

We walk away from the ice-cream truck and turn the corner to sit down at a table. She hands me one of the objects and Rhys the other one I look at it confused.

It's blue, in the shape of an animal of sorts. But it's also, cold? "What is this?" I ask studying it confused. Rhys seems to be doing the seems thing while Ava is still starry-eyed.

"It's ice-cream. Try it. It's even better now that it's free!" she giggles sweetly. I trust her enough. I take a bite and taste something so sweet it's like the nicest dream you've ever had, but so cold it runs smoothly down my throat.

I smile brightly, "Rhys you gotta eat this!" I exclaim and devour the rest of this ice-cream. "THAT WAS AMAZING!" I say laughing and Ava chuckles at my response.

"Rhys finally eats the ice-cream and reacts in such a state of joy, I've honestly never seen Rhys this joyful before." As he's devouring it Ava turns toward me, still laughing at Rhys as she does.

"You know I've noticed something about you y/n." She says as she eats her ice-cream.

"What's that?" I ask with an eyebrow raised.

"You're very different from the guys. You seem more open to new ideas and definitely more observant. Not just of the things around you but how other people act as well. Why is that?" Ava asks and I blush slightly. No one has ever complimented me so much in one sentence.

"W-well... I guess I was raised differently. Noi and I were raised in a nice home. Everyone was happy, little to no arguments. Our Mum when we were young told us, "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Watch every move everyone makes as missing one detail could be your biggest mistake. And always try new things. That way you have new ways to get out of difficult situations." I listened to those words and held them like they were my source of life. From then on I trained myself to be observant. I moved up the ranks quickly because of my fighting style. I always knew how my enemy would hit." I explain and Ava nods, listening to all of it intently.

"Wow. That's super cool!" Ava says sweetly and I smile, "Thanks! I'm trying my best to understand Earth, one so I can learn new things. Two so I can get a vantage point on how humans work. That way if someone ever threatens me I'll know what I can and can't do. Speaking of which, can you kill people here?"

Ava looks at me wide-eyed, "No! No, you can't!" She says frantically and I nod. "So if someone attacks me. What can I do?" I ask and she thinks for a bit.

"It depends on how that attack you. If they don't have a weapon then you can can't use one. If they do have a weapon you can only use one that's less than or equal to the attacker's weapons strength." Ava explains and I listen to every word of it.

"That's very interesting. Why is that?" I ask and she just shakes her head. "It's how things work here. It makes things fair." She finishes her ice-cream.

Rhys managed to catch the last bit of the conversation, but he was so focused on the ice-cream he didn't get the start of it.

"Come on, let's get back before my apartment burns down that's to Asch." Ava says getting up and I look at her with a serious face, "He would do that you know." She looks at me nervously and starts walking quicker to the apartment.