Government Fiasco (Ch5)

She walks out of the room and faces us, "Alright. I can help you guys." She says rather confidently.

"You, can?" I ask looking at her with a raised eyebrow. She was so scared before. What's in the death room that made her suddenly confident?

"I can, in fact. I know the perfect people who can help you." She states clapping her hands together smiling.

"Other humans?" Pierce asks not trusting her. To be honest, I don't trust her either.

"Should we trust this?" Leif asks and I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't trust her. Thinking about it now, Rhys is probably the only one who does.

"Rhys, this is obviously a trap!" Asch exclaims.

"No, I'm going to put my faith in this human female sorcerer," Rhys says confidently and we all look at each other knowing none of us agree with him.

"She seems like a kind lady!" Noi exclaims so just Asch, Leif, Peirce and I don't trust her, "R-really?" She asks shocked.

"She hit me in the head with that round thing." I say looking at Noi confused and he laughs, "That's exactly my point!" He replies and I whack him on the head. "Ow!" He complains and I growl at him.

"Don't show her weakness Noi," Asch growls and Rhys glares at Asch. "Prince Asch." Talk about different personalities, that was a domino effect of telling each other off.

Asch rolls his eyes, "Fine." he states, chilling out slightly, "Prince?" The human questions and he glares at her. "It's none of your concern human. Now take us to the humans." He commands and she takes us to a place outside the building.

"The government!" She exclaims as she stands in front of a big building. On that looks more like royal architecture compared to the rest of the buildings.

"Fascinating, what is this government?" Rhys asks and everyone either looks at it sceptically or in awe. I personally am sceptical.

"The government is a big organisation that deals with politics and taking peoples money without actually doing anything with it." She says and I look at her confused, "Money?" I ask what is money? Why does this government take it?

"Yep! Well, I'm going to leave you guys here. If you go through that door you can go inside and ask for help okay? See ya!" She says before walking off hurriedly, her hair flowing behind her.

I watch her leave then turn to the others shrugging. We walk up the stairs to the building but a human in blue stops us. "I'm sorry you aren't permitted in there." He states blocking the entrance.

"Why?" I ask and he looks me up and down, probably confused by my attire. We seem to be dressed very differently from the humans.

"Well gorgeous, that's because it's not open. Come back Monday 'kay?" He says winking at me and I look at him even more confused, is that normal human behaviour? Asch growls and walks over to him.

Grabbing and holding the man in blue in the air by the collar of his shirt, Asch glares at him threateningly. "Asch you moron! Put him down! You're going to alert the nearby humans!" I yell at him.

"Watch. Your. Tongue." He glares at me and I glare back, "Well stop being stupid!" I argue and he growls at my response but doesn't drop the human. All he does is growl, can he be any more annoying?!

"Let us in!" Asch demands, "I can't! It doesn't open until Monday!" The human replies and Asch creates a fireball in his hand. "I've had to deal with the most annoying E-arth female and now this?!" He complains ready to kill the human. "I want this human dead!"

"Please! It's my first day on the job!" He yells, then the human female from earlier runs back to us yelling. Why'd she come back? "Wait! Stop!" She yells.

"Stay out of this sorcerer!" Asch yells back, "Please listen! If you kill him, one hundred more will take his place!" She yells panicking.

"How can we trust you?" Asch asks with distaste. "Please just do! You guys were right this was a trap! But that's because I didn't believe you guys were from another world or whatever! Can we please just get out of here before he-" The human female starts panicking and the human in blue grabs a black thing and talks into it.

"Officer requesting back-up! I'm being attacked!" He yells into and the human females' eyes are full of panic. This must be bad.

"You idiots! Drop him and follow me!" The female starts to run off and I follow without hesitation, I may not trust her but I can read sincerer emotions. The others hesitantly follow after me as we all follow the human.

We get back to the room that the spirit brought us to earlier and the human looks at us, "So you guys really are demons?"

"Daemos," I say correcting her as I lean on the wall nonchalantly with my arms crossed.

"Whatever, so you guys have nowhere to stay?" She asks, she seems. Tired.

"Nope, we don't have a home here on E-arth." Noi explains and the human sighs, "fine you guys can crash here tonight."

"Heh, we weren't going to take no for an answer anyway. You're our prisoner, and you're going to do as I command." Asch says cockily and I can't be bothered reacting. My entire mood right now is a mix of wtf, someone could stab me and I really wouldn't care right now.

The human female rolls her eyes at him, which makes me laugh slightly easing my mood, "yeah yeah whatever. You need to get your manner in check." She states and Asch looks at her with angry confusion. "Look I'm just tired from all of this. You guys just make yourself at home and don't steal anything. Blankets are in the closet and don't come into my room, 'kay?" she says before leaving into her room.

We all look at each other, kinda confused. "Closet?" I question, looking around from what might be this so-called closet.

Suddenly her door opens again, "And I swear to God if I wake up murdered in the morning I'm going to come back and haunt you guys forever!" She yells before shutting the door again.

"She can do that? Cool." I state before sitting on the couch. "We should sleep. The place is crazy." I say before laying down and closing my eyes. What is this place?