Another Spirit (Ch9)

I turn to see Ava put a white and green box down in her room then turn to us, "You guys suck!" She exclaims seeming angry.

"Excuse me?" Asch asks in a dark and angrier tone, he doesn't like being insulted. Which is why he doesn't like me as I'm pretty much a breathing insult to Asch.

"You heard me your 'majesty' it's bad enough you guys are taking over my home, but now I have to imagine sweet little Mrs Oates like- Ugh! And she thinks I'm- UGH!" Ava rants furiously. She seems to be both angry and disturbed but mostly angry. Her neighbour Mrs Oates was at the door, something must have happened when they saw Asch and heard the commotion. 

Her taking that tone with Asch though is making me unbelievably happy. He deserves a good talking to from someone other than me.

"Don't. Speak to me like that." Asch replies I step closer slightly to Ava. If he threatens her I'm not having it.

Ava steps closer to Asch and looks him dead in the eyes, "Make me stop then." Oh, ssshhii-I mean sticks! Crap is about to go down.

He grabs her shoulder and makes I fireball appear, I push him off her and get into a protective stance, "Don't. Threaten. Her." I growl and he glares at me with fire in his eyes.

"You need to lean your place!" He yells stepping towards me and grabs my throat before proceeding to shove me into a wall. "Your majesty stop!" I hear Rhys yell but I just glare at Asch. I'm the bigger person, punching him in the face would be easy. But staying calm will anger him more. This works, indeed making him angrier and he tightens his grip.

I'm trying to pry him off me but I can't. The only way I could win this is by using my magic which I don't want to do. So I decide to be stubborn and hold my stare, not daring to show weakness. I can still breathe, but barely. I want to punch him, but that's the reaction he wants, it will mean he's won.

Asch becomes angrier if that's possible and pulls me towards him before shoving me into the wall again, I wince with the force but try not to show it. "Why don't I just kill you now?!" He growls at me and I smirk, "Why don't you. Too weak Asch?" I ask through breaths.

He looks at me still furious but slightly taken aback by my words. He goes to hit me with a fireball but something pushed him back. Because he had such I tight grip on my neck I fell on top of him.

"What the flip was that?!" I exclaim looking towards the shadow. Then I realized I was on top of Asch... I quickly got off and looked over to the shadow. It turned into a spirit, "Woah..." I say walking cautiously towards it.

It was purple and sparkly, it was so cute! "That's not a cat I've ever seen..." Ava says looking at it in shock.

Ava's spirit walks up to the one that saved me and they seemed to be having a conversation, "fascinating..." Rhys states looking at the creatures. "This spirit looks like a Daemos species, while the other looks like an E-arth one."

"Okay, when you say spirit do you mean cat or?" Ava asks looking towards Rhys. "A what?" He replies, now they're both confused. And I'm confused. Everyone is confused! And my throat's gonna be bruised!

"A cat. So for example, Jonny is a cat, and this new cat is a cat." Ava tries to explain but honestly, I'm just more confused, does she call spirits cats? "What?" Rhys asks again not really understanding. "We call them spirits on Daemos, usually they bind to someone and act as a guardian of a sort. But their uses vary." Rhys explains. I had a spirit back at home. I miss my spirit.

"Awww, so this adorable little kitty cat is a guardian?" Ava asks in a baby voice as she walks towards the spirit. "Spirit." Rhys corrects her but she seems to ignore it.

The spirit walks away from her and towards Asch, sitting by his feet. "Does that spirit know Asch?" Noi asks in awe. "It appears so..." Pierce adds.

Asch looks at the spirit with a slight pink on his cheeks, so the royal pain does have a sweet side. It's kinda cu- nope. Not finishing that train of thought. He just tried to killed me.

"I-I've never seen this spirit in my life." Asch stutters looking at it in awe. "It looks like it knows you." Ava comments, it does though. Most spirits don't act this way to strangers.

"I said I don't know it!" Asch exclaims angrily. And he's back to his normal self. Great.

"Maybe it's just taken a liking to you, I've never seen this spirit before either," Rhys says trying to get an explanation for this strange occurrence.

"Must have crossed from our world somehow, I've seen this type for spirit before but they're very rare to come across," Leif adds.

"Then Asch should consider himself lucky," Pierce says. I look at Asch's face and scoff, he doesn't deserve such a creature. Especially when he's looking at it with an angered expression.

"Be nice. Stop giving the cute kitty such a mean look Asch." Ava states, can people read my mind? I swear they can. I hope not.

Asch looks at her in with shocked yet soft facial expression, "You said my name... Heh, I've never heard a human say my name before." Asch is calm, which is strange. What's stranger is why he said that out loud. If she's asks about it things are gonna get awkward fast.

"Huh? What does that mean?" Ava looks confused, dammit she asked! Rhys sweat-drops and quickly thinks of a way to distract Ava.

"Hey, how about since tensions are calmer now you guys go back to figuring out how to put on the human clothes." He says quickly, that was close. Did not want to explain that... It's a lot of... Nevermind.

"Human clothes... Right, I gotta put mine on so I can deliver this present for Mrs Oates." She says walking into her room.

"Can I see how you do it?" Leif asks and Ava looks at him angrily, "No!" she yells before shutting her doors.

"I swear I'm going to figure this out if this kills me!" Noi exclaims and Leif takes out his daggers, "I can help with one part of that."

I glare at Leif, "threaten my brother again and you're dead." I say coldly and he smirks, "you wanna bet." I growl at him.

"Y/n keep calm. You seem to be getting angry a lot lately." Rhys says calmly and I nod breathing in and out. "Sorry just, this place is confusing enough as is without the consistent death threats. So I guess I'm just on edge." I reply calming down. Rhys nods in response and I turn towards Ava's room as I see her walk out of it in her human clothes, she's holding the white and green box again.

"Alright here's what gonna happen, Y/n, Rhys, you're coming with me to deliver this present. Since you were the first ones to get the human clothes on and since you, Y/n, keep protecting me from Asch's death threats." She says happily, finishing the sentence by glaring at Asch.

"Really? Thanks!" I chirp, smiling. "Not fair." Pierce complains, "Yeah!" Noi agrees and I laugh slightly. "Stop acting like children, and you! Don't order my knights around!" Asch demands, looking towards Ava. Don't act like children, have you not seen yourself?

"You wanna learn more about Earth, right? Then stop fighting me and let me help you guys." Ava explains and Asch simply glares at her in response. "Thank you Ava," Rhys says to her and she smiles.

"No problem! Just trust me. I'm not going to fight this anymore, I'm just going to go along with it. Now uh... The horns..." Ava says looking towards everyone, Rhys and me in particular as we're the ones leaving the house.

"Oh that's easy," I use my magic to hide them and ruffle my messy excuse for hair back into place, "we can use magic to hide them," I say also covering my ears slightly so they're more like Ava's.

"Wow!" She responds I giggle, "Well only Daemos with magic can do it. So, unfortunately, my brother cannot hide them." I say looking towards Noi, he looks saddened by this.

"It's okay Noi, we'll figure something out," I say sympathetically and he nods solemnly at me.

"You don't have magic?" Ava asks Noi and he nods, "I used it up to get us here." he sighs.

"Oh, well come on y/n, Rhys, let's go. You guys can try to figure out how to put on the human clothes." Ava states before turning to leave and I follow her. I'm kind of excited about leaving. And, I think I look pretty cool as a human.