Asch's Laugh (Ch21)

We're in the 'throne room', discussing the problem that is Ava. Well not really problem, just... Confusion.

It's mainly the guys discussing it since they are the ones who want to court her so I'm just in the background, sitting on a chair, listening to them jabber on.

"Okay, this new idea opens up a whole new bottle of questions. First of all the kingdom won't allow that, a Daemos courting a human has-" "Never been done." Asch says finishing Leif's sentence... Well cutting him off. He's sitting on his stupid little throne, acting like we would bow down to his every command. I know Rhys would, not the rest of us.

I won't. I want to rise in the ranks, I really do. But something about Earth has made me change my mind. I like it here, it's docile and nice. No murder no unnecessary bloodshed...

...I want to stay. I want to pretend I'm human.

This thought may have seemed to spout out of now where but it really hasn't, I've changed. We all have. I especially want to leave my past behind. With the way Ava reacts about murder she... I don't want to think about it. I just want to stay.

But how do you tell the Prince of Daemos who already wants to rip your head off that you want to 'betray' him and leave the plan entirely?

Humans are way more evolved than us Daemos and from my observations, they truly value education, peace and doing things in a way that magic isn't necessary.

Could you imagine if Daemos were that smart? We'd never have a magic crisis because we'd only use magic where necessary.

But we're all f'ed because they're all tyrant, brutes that think with their blood-lust and not their head. No matter the gender or who you are, if you're a Daemos you're either a brute or an educated person in disguise as a brute.

Only few Daemos are logical and they're usually killed for speaking up about wanting to solve problems.

I hate it there. I want to be here. But could I honestly leave everyone? As much as I'd hate to admit it... I'd miss them. All of them, even Asch.

Ugh, why is this so difficult!

I snap from my thoughts when I hear Asch speak like the arrogant a-hole he is, "There's so much potential for magic here. I've been thinking, what if I just made Ava mine."

I step up from my chair and push past the guys so I'm facing Asch, "You're not forcing her into anything." I growl and Asch stands up to face me.

He's always been taller than me and he uses that to try and scare me. It never works, so now he's using the advantage of us being on steps and him being on a higher step to look taller still.

And it's still not working.

"And what makes you think you can tell me what to do?" He asks angry and stern, I merely scoff.

"You can do whatever you want Asch, only know there will always be consequences. The consequence of forcing Ava to do what you want? Me slicing your throat." I growl my hands by my daggers.

Asch steps closer but Rhys steps between us before we can kill each other. "You two need to stop! You're getting way to close to actually killing each other and we can't afford that right now!" Rhys says sternly.

"Whatever! All of this is absolute garbage anyway! I mean seriously think about the plan. It's nuts! All for what? To go back home, only to use up the magic again in a few years! Living that way will get us NOWHERE! We could learn from these humans. I mean look at them! Do you realise how smart they are?! Instead of... Look my point is we could learn from them!" I start ranting. My anger is beyond imaginable and I don't know how to handle it.