Education (Ch14)

We walk out of the bathroom and I wait on the couch while Ava goes into the kitchen and appears to be making something. I decide not to question it and just wait.

Eventually, they come out of the bedroom, fully dressed. I clap my hands as they come out, "Wow! Turns out you guys do have a brain after all! Congratulations on figuring how clothes work!" I say sarcastically. Asch growls at me and I smirk at him. Annoying him is so easy to do, and surprisingly fun.

"Wow these clothes are light!" Noi exclaims, playing with the material of his shirt. He's wearing a backwards blue and orange cap, with a blue shirt and orange pants. Blue suits him pretty well.

"These feel like clothes a Daemos peasant would wear." Leif states as he looks at his clothes, he's wearing a white shirt, brown short pants with a green jacket thing. His shoes are odd, I believe Ava called them sandals.

"I don't like them," Pierce says disapprovingly. He's wearing a black shirt, only the shirt doesn't seem to have proper sleeves and black pants.

"Rightfully so, these clothes aren't fit for our kind," Asch complains and I roll my eyes. He's wearing similar clothing to me, he has a black and red striped shirt with a black jacket that's the same as mine and black ripped pants with similar black boots.

I asked Ava in the bathroom what my jacket was made out of and she said it was a leather jacket, I also asked her about the pants and she called them jeans. Mine are also ripped like Asch's and when I asked why she said it was the fashion with humans. Humans have some strange fashion.

"You guys are overreacting. I think they look fine." I say smiling slightly, I do honestly like how I look in my outfit. Even if it is similar to Asch's, I just wear it better. Obviously.

(Them having the same outfit is completely a coincidence. When I designed y/n's outfit I didn't know Asch's human outfit. Cool coincidence though.)

"Thank you y/n, honestly you guys should all learn a thing for y/n and learn to APPRECIATE free clothes." Ava scowls and I smirk at the others. That's right, I'm the sorceress's favourite what are you gonna do about it.

"Why didn't you two actually dress us? It was difficult to do it ourselves." Asch states angrily and I laugh at his childish stupidity.

"Aww was it too difficult for little Asch," I say in a baby voice laughing, he growls at me and I calm down a bit, Ava is in a good mood and I don't want to ruin it with fighting.

"Look, Prince Asch, you may not value your privacy when getting changed but I do. I was taught at school about privacy, manners, all that boring crap. And it's not considered... Well, normal, for people of the opposite gender to do what you requested." I explain to him and Ava looks over to me.

"You went to school?" She asks and I nod, "Not many Daemos get to go as education isn't valued there as much as fighting and magic. But I got requested by the school to go due to my natural behaviour to be a shithead and question anyone and everything. They for some reason liked that and I got a decent education, as well as being taught how to fight. Again, fighting is very important in Daemos." I explain and Ava nods, listening to everything I was saying.

"Well, I'm glad one of you went to school and know what manners are." Ava says happily, "Education is very much valued here on Earth. Every child from the age of 6 must attend 12 years of compulsory education, and then can seek more afterwards. Though our education system is flawed, it's still valued."

"That's very interesting, why is education valued so much?" I ask and Ava looks at me, "Well why is fighting valued with you guys?" She asks, "Well, survival." I explain and she nods in agreement, "Same here, survival. If you're educated here, you can get a job, earn money and live a good life well mostly. If you aren't it's very difficult to survive this world."

Ava walks over to the kitchen and starts to make something, "What are you making?" I ask and she continues whats she's doing.

"Mrs Oates asked me to make some PB and J's for her and I thought I might as well pack a lunch for us since I'm taking you guys out and I don't have any money," Ava explains as she starts packing the sandwiches into a box thing.

"Are you Mrs Oates pupil? You seem to do a lot of tasks for her," Rhys asks, coming into the kitchen too.

"No I'm her neighbour and she also pays me a bit of money for helping her out and since I don't have a job I do what I can. Plus I like Mrs Oates, even if she shared things with me recently that I don't want to know." Ava says awkwardly as she finishes what she is doing.

"Are we leaving yet?" Leif asks seeming inpatient. I am too if I'm honest, but I don't want to annoy Ava.

"I grow impatient as well... Where are we going?" Asch asks and I listen intently for Ava's answer.

"Long ago, before the reign of the internet, humans of our world would go out and enjoy the sun. The sun of our world gives us vitamin D. Which gives us the nutrients to be more powerful. Today, I will be taking you to the ancient ruins of the park. A place, where my parents would take me when I was younger to experience the world." Ava says in a stern and powerful voice.

"Ancient?" Noi gasps, seeming excited about the adventure.

"Yes, but they are mere ruins now. As humans rarely visit them." Ava says once again in a powerful and overdramatic voice.

"Because of the internet?" Rhys asks, "What's that?"

"That is will be a topic for another day. I'd like to introduce you guys to Earth slowly. Now you guys need to hide your horns. Once you've done that meet me outside. I'm going to give Mrs Oates the sandwiches I made for her." Ava explains leaving the apartment, I hide mine before turning to Noi to hide his.

"Thanks, sis!" He says messing with his hair to put it back into place.

"No problem!" I smile at him as I fix my own hair. Hiding my horns really makes me realize how messy my hair can be without them.