Instagram Fight (Ch12)

"Here! Let me show ya!" She says excitedly standing next to me and putting the phone in front of us. I look at the phone and see us on it.

"WOAH! What's it doing?!" I ask looking at myself in the phone. Ava laughs, "it's taking the image of you and putting into pixels on the phone through a camera," She says pointing to the camera. "When we press this button it basically freezes the pixels and saves them, turning them into a photo." She presses the button and then shows me the photo.

"Wooooahhh!" I say in awe as I stare at it. Ava seems to find amusement in my amazement over the photo and continues to show me how the phone and camera work.

"You can take videos too see!" She presses the button but this time the pixels keep us on the phone. When she presses the button again it stores what we did in those seconds into the phone.

"That's so cool! So if that's a photo and a video. What's Instagram?" I ask drawing my attention from the phone to Ava's explanation.

"Instagram is an app that humans use to share photos and videos of themselves to other humans. If the other humans like it that can give the photo a video a heart. The more hearts you have the more powerful you feel." Ava explains as she shows me how to share a photo.

"Cool!!! Can I try?" I ask, Ava nods and passes me the phone. I take a picture and post it to Instagram. "Did I do it right?" I ask as I pass Ava the phone.

"Yeah! And you got- WOAH! You got 10 hearts already!! You only uploaded it for a second!!" Ava stares at her phone in shock.

"Hold on! Guys, I need you over here too!" She yells and begins to take photos of me and the guys, sharing them on Instagram in the process, after explaining what she was doing to the guys of course.

She took photos where it was just one person in the majority of the posts, but she also got a lot of Asch and me in the same photo or Leif and Noi in the same photo. I asked her about it, but she didn't answer.

"Who has the most hearts?" I ask looking at Ava's phone. "Well, so far you do y/n. But Asch and Leif are close behind. So give it a bit. I'm gonna go get changed." Ava says leaving the room.

Leif picks up the phone and stares at it. He starts to press some buttons and he ends up taking a picture of himself. "Oh, I did a thing!" He says looking at it confused. I laugh and wait to see if he can figure it out.

"Wait, that's me... If I could get that me out, we could cause chaos together!" He exclaims and proceeds to hit the phone. "Leif no!" I say trying to get it out of his hands but he runs from me, continuously bashing the phone.

"Leif! The photos are what Ava called pixels! They stay on the phone you can't get it out!" I yell trying to catch him, but he just ignores me.

I manage to tackle him and snatch the phone. "Hey!" He yells at me and I get up and run away from him. "Hey give that back I want to have the other Leif come and help me!" He yells and I shake my head.

"That's not how it works!" I retaliate and he pulls out his knives. "I'll kill you for it." He says with a dead-serious stare. I put the phone in my pocket and take out my daggers. "Try me bi-"

"Y/n! Leif! Stop immediately!" Rhys yells and I roll my eyes. "Tell him to stop being stupid then!"

Leif growls at me and I growl back. "What's happening right now?" Ava asks stepping out from her room.

"Leif is trying to get the photo out of the phone and into a real person. I've tried to explain to his dumbass that that's not how it works but he's not listening!" I glare at Leif and he glares back, "Don't call me a dumbass!" He argues and I rebuttal back, "Then stop acting like one!" he goes to attack me but I block.

"I think you're forgetting Leif, we're both assassins." I push him back and get back into a fight stance. He goes to charge again but Pierce steps in the way. "Enough." He says simply yet effectively because we stop.

"Wait. Where's my phone then?!" Ava asks stressed out slightly. I put my hand into my pocket and pull out the phone. "Don't worry Ava, I got it." I smile at her and she sighs in relief.

"Why is it so important?" I ask as I hand her the phone.

"Well, you know what money is right?" She asks and I nod, "Well getting money if difficult. So we humans, well most of us, don't like wasting it. This phone is a lot of money, because of this it's very important to me and if it broke I'd have to replace it and that's more money that I don't want to waste. Do you understand?" Ava explains and I nod.

"How do people get the money?" I ask and Ava thinks for a bit, presumably thinking of the best way to explain it.

"Well, they get a job. You work for money on Earth, and then you use that money to pay for things, then that money goes to other people. It's a big process but it's how we humans function as a society." Ava explains as she walks over to the couch and sits down.

She checks her phone, only to stand up again in shock from something, "What is it?" I ask walking over to her. "It's Leif's photo that he posted. He's got so many likes! He's beating both you and Asch now! I've got so many followers!!" She begins exclaim and I look at her confused.

"Likes? Followers?" I ask and she realises she hasn't explained that yet.

"Oh right, likes are another word for hearts. Followers are people who REALLY like your photos and want to be notified when you post them." Ava says smiling and taking a photo of Asch and Leif again then posting it.

"Oh! I have an idea! Why not do a photo of you, Asch and Leif! You guys have the most likes so a photo with all of you would get thousands of likes!" Ava says smiling brightly. She really values these likes huh? I wonder why... She never seemed to value them before.

Without waiting for a response she pushes Asch, Leif and I together and takes a picture. Us three don't really like each other so in the photo, it's just us growling at each other but Ava posts it none the less.

"WOW! SO MANY LIKES!" Ava exclaims happily. "Who's winning now?" I ask Ava and she checks it, "Asch, then Leif, then you."

Leif growls, "No! I want to win!" He grabs Ava and before I can stop him, he jumps out the window. "Leif!!" I yell but he runs off. "Sh-"

"We have to follow him!" Asch growls, "There's a quicker way, there's a box called an elevator. It has buttons on it that can take you to them. Press the last button on it, okay?" I say to them. "I'll stay here in case they come back. I'll get you guys if they do."

They nod and leave. I hope that at least Rhys knows what I meant, I mean he was there. Who knew Instagram fights could lead to someone jumping out a window?