La What?! (Ch23)

Mrs Oates came into the house and the others started to follow her instructions on how to help Ava. While they did that, I just sat by Ava.

I didn't want to leave her side, I don't know why I care about her the way I do. But it's the same way I care for Noi.

Maybe deep down I consider her family? She is one of the, if not THE, first person to actually consider me a friend.

Sure I spend a lot of time with the guys, but that only seems to be because we all work as knights for Asch. If we didn't, we wouldn't be hanging around each other the way we do.

Ava, on the other hand, she called me her friend. She trusts me. And that feeling makes me happy. To have a friend.

That's why I don't want to leave her side while she's sick.

Even better still I don't have to deal with Asch. He's off doing stuff that Mrs Oates asked him to do and I get to sit by Ava, so he's not near me.

It's weird though. I'm happy he's not near me, heck I'm always happy when that pain isn't near me. I always have been.

But lately, it's not the same amount of joy I used to feel. And for the life of me, he won't get out of my head. I feel like smashing my head on the wall it's so annoying.

I groan at the thought and try to turn my attention back to Ava. Until it's snapped towards Mrs Oates. "Y/n dear, can you come into the kitchen, please. I need to talk to all of you." She says sweetly.

I nod and follow her out of Ava's room. Trying not to seeming reluctant about leaving Ava, but failing miserably.

"So, Mrs Oates. What shall we do to make sure Ava is relieved from her illness?" Rhys asks as Mrs Oates walked back into the kitchen. I just stood near Ava's door, still in earshot of the conversation, but still near Ava.

"Well, first you guys need to change out of your Funtime clothes." Mrs Oates says in a strange voice and we all look at her confused.

"What?" Leif asks voice the question we're all thinking.

"Ah! Nope! Spare the details. I don't need to know as I have my own ideas, and I'd ask Ava if I were to ask anyone." Mrs Oates responds, only adding more confusion. What is it that she's suggesting? Whatever it is, based on her tone, it can't be good.

"Don't mind me, just get out of your clothes so we can avoid getting them messy." Confused, the guys start to undress and I just look at Mrs Oates with a questioning look. Why does... Wait what does she think we do with Ava!?

"Not in front of me! Just you all go change into your regular clothes. Taking care of a sick person means the person doing the care needs to be comfortable too." Mrs Oates finally says something that makes sense and we leave to change.

As quick as lightning I'm back in Ava's room, dressed into my human clothes and my horns are hidden with magic.

"Ah! Y/n can you get one of the guys to carry Ava to the bath?" She asks and I look at her confused, "Mrs Oates I can carry Ava there." I state walking closer to Ava.

"Are you sure dear? Not to be rude, but you don't look that-" She stopped talking when she realised I already had Ava in my arms and was walking to the bath with ease.

"Wow. You're stronger than you look." Mrs Oates said in almost a tone of bewilderment. Are female humans known to be well, weak here? Or at least weaker than males?

On Daemos females and males are born equal in strength. The only reason males are typically stronger is that the females don't tend to be interested in training. But because I do train I'm as strong, if not stronger than a lot of the males on Daemos. 

Mrs Oates fixes the temperature of the water and then allows me to place Ava into it. Gently I place her down as to not wake her.

Mrs Oates goes off to do something and I sit by Ava to makes sure she doesn't fall into the water and possibly drown in her current state.

I become lost in my own mindless thinking, literally thinking about nothing. Until I hear yelling coming from outside Ava's room.

I groan and walk over to her doorway looking at the guys, "Since when do you care about my magic?" I manage to hear Rhys ask Noi.

"Since I don't have any! Because if I did I could probably heal Ava!" Noi yells in response, did my brother just snap?

"Noi." I say firmly getting his attention to me, "as good as I know you are at healing magicks, you aren't good enough to heal a human. Only very few Daemos are and that's usually after years of training. You may get to that point one day. But for now, stop yelling." I reply in hopes that I calmed him down a bit. If Noi has started to care for Ava like I do he's probably blaming himself for not having magic to heal her.

"But-" "No buts Noi. I know you care about Ava, I do too. But yelling about it and possibly disturbing her rest it's going to help. You don't have magic, suck it up. That isn't the worst of our problems right now." I state promptly, ending the conversation at that.

Noi sighs but nods at me, indicating that he understands. I leave the room again and go back to Ava.

Soon, well at least it only felt like a little while but it was probably a good few minutes, Mrs Oates comes back into the bathroom.

"The boys have left to go get ingredients for some food for Ava. You're staying here to help me look after her okay?" Mrs Oates asks and I nod.

"Great, now can you get Ava out of the bath with this towel and take her over to the mirror so I can dry her hair." Mrs Oates asks and I do as I'm told.

"Now the sound is going to be loud, hopefully, it doesn't wake her." Mrs Oates takes out this pink thing that makes a loud noise and air comes out of it.

Normally I would be quite fascinated by such a device and question her, but currently, I had other questions on my mind.

"Mrs Oates. You seem like a wise human, can I ask you something?" She turns to me and smiles, "Why of course ask away!"

"Well... I've been experiencing these weird things lately. I've never had it happen to me before but... Whenever I'm around this certain person my heart beats faster for a reason I don't know. On top of that, my face feels like it's on fire and I can never seem to get this person out of my head... What does it mean?" I ask and she looks at me wide-eyed and smiles.

"Oh, darling you seriously don't know?" She asks I shake my head, she giggles at my lack of knowledge when it comes to emotions, "Sweetie, I think you're in love with someone."

My heart stops beating at these words, "La- what?!" I ask, almost dropping Ava in shock. Mrs Oates laughs more at my reaction before explaining it better.

"Love, you know what it is right?" She asks and I nod but I'm freaking out, "Yes but I can't love this person! I hate them! I've always hated them! They hate me too! We've been wanting to kill each other for the past few years since we've known each other. Recently he's almost killed me multiple times!" I exclaim panicking and Mrs Oates simply laughs more.

"You may think you hate him, but your heart loves him. I'm afraid it's a battle your brain and heart have to fight out darling." She explains her laughter dying down, "But you shouldn't beat yourself up about it too much. You don't want to go crazy."

At those last words the conversation stops and I just stand there in shock. There's no possible way I love Asch. No. Gods damn it No!