The Love Letter

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

Once again, Nephrite was alone in his mansion/hideout. Five times. FIVE TIMES! For five separate times, his plans to gather energy and subsequently destroying the Sailor Guardians failed! What was it that allowed them to do this? First he only had three to worry about, now there were five. Just what was he missing that allowed them to blast their way through his plans?

Seeing no other option, he turned to the one thing that had never failed him before. Unlike his monsters. He never really knew why he trusted and liked the stars the way he did, but whatever worked was good enough for him. It was soothing in a way.

"The stars see all, the stars know all! Hear me Regulus, ruler of the southern skies! Oh vast constellation of Leo the Lion! Show me a weakness. Something I can use to eliminate those Sailor Guardians forever." Nephrite beseeched the stars.

From the center of the star map came a vision. The stars showed him images of the past battles with the Sailor Guardians from the very beginning. It seemed like all was going to plan. Sailor Moon was at Tensie's mercy before someone interfered. With Tuxedo Mask appearance the battle shiftily swigged in favor of the Sailor Guardians. The battle either ending in a Moon Tiara Action attack, a Fire Soul, and another Moon Tiara Action. Defeating his monsters again and again. Showing the caped figure leaving with Sailor Moon going gaga over him.

"Aha! So, she has a weakness for Tuxedo Mask! Then that's how I'll crush you!" Nephrite said with a smirk. Finally he was getting somewhere.

However, before he could start cooking up another plan, he was interrupted by a nearly constant annoyance.

"Hello, Nephrite. Queen Beryl would like to have a word with you." Zoisite informed him. Nephrite sighed in his mind. Their queen always wanted something. None the less, he might as well go before he got busy with his plan and see what she wanted.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

In the throne room, Nephrite stood before Queen Beryl. She had long, wavy fire-red hair that reached her waist. Dull orange eyes that, instead of having whites, had a pale yellow color, and her eyelids are smeared over with a warm cocoa brown. Dark-purple lips, along with pale skin. She was always wearing a simple, form-fitting dark-purple dress, with the top of her dress pointed in towards her neck, and a background of black. She wore a silver armlet and a bracelet, along with two small horns peaking out from her shoulders. She is also adorned with a forehead crest, shaped like a black, upside-down boomerang, with two white dots up and down, along with a turquoise stone wrapped around in gold strips and similar earrings. She is also shown to have particularly pointy fingernails that are painted a dark red.

"Nephrite, I'm told that you are having trouble gathering human energy for our great ruler. Is this true?" Queen Beryl began as she moved her hands over the orb of her staff.

"The universe wasn't built in a day, my queen." Nephrite replied. His hand on his hip.

This apparently wasn't the answer his queen wanted to hear as she shouted at him. Her hair flying up. "You'll watch your tongue! Question my orders again or fail to take care of those Sailor Guardians, and you'll soon find yourself right alongside Jadeite in the Eternal Sleep!"

Nephrite slightly trembling at the threat. He knew she would do it too. It had always been like that. You had to claw your way to the top or others would claw over you. Even at the top you could easily be replaced by those previously mentioned. It had always been like that. 'Hadn't it?' He wondered. For some reason, he remembered that guy from the vision at the Juban museum. He had this feeling he wasn't an expendable tool when he looked into that young man's eyes. These thoughts were cut off with the infernal thorn in his side that was Zoisite.