Ami vs Mamoru

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

In the heart of the African savanna, the sun blazed and shined down upon all in habitants. An ecosystem covered in a large grassland and patches of woodland. The trees being sufficiently widely spaced so that the canopy does not close. The open canopy allowing sufficient light to reach the ground. There were white snowcapped mountains in the distance.

Next to a rocky ridge, a woman with long auburn hair was kneeling on the ground with a blue clipboard in hand. Wearing a tan safari hat to keep the sun out of her dark eyes, she also wore blue round ball earrings and her gold necklace. Her clothing consisted of a tan short sleeved cuffed button up shirt and making shorts with a brown belt and hiking boots.

It was none other than Reika on her research study trip. As she observed the fossils in front of her, she let out a tired sigh. She had to be careful the heat didn't get to her, but she needed to report her findings and daylight waited for no one. Wiping her brow from sweat, she continued with her report until she saw some rocks trickle down from above, she was surprised and further still when a shadow fell over her.

"Huh? Who's there?" Reika demanded to know, worried it could be a predator. It may as well have been.

Standing above her on the ridge, decked out in his full armor and cape was none other than Dark Endymion. With an evil chuckle he spoke to her with a cruel smile. "I've been looking for you, Miss Nishimura. But maybe you'd prefer I call you Rikokeida, which is your true given name as one of the Seven Great Monsters."

Standing up and moving away from the mysterious man she demanded to know, "What are you talking about?" Not recognizing Mamoru.

"Come on! Do not resist. Join us once again." Dark Endymion ordered as he released the Dark Crystal as it began its old work once again.

The power of the Dark Crystal was too powerful for her willpower alone to stop it as she released painful grunts as she tried to fight it. The golden circular beams of light the Dark Crystal emitted encompassed her body, drawing her in until instead of turning into a monster, she was sucked into the crystal itself. Dark Endymion smirking through the process and clasping the crystal in his palm. The only things left behind was her clipboard and her hat.

Holding the crystal, Dark Endymion watched as the crystal flashed in the light. Looking closely at the edges of it, a tiny image of Reika was kneeling within the crystal. The next showed Joe the Crane Game Troll, bashing against the crystal he was trapped in. Yelling to be let out. The next showed Hiroko's uncle. Standing calmly as he held his hands in prayer, hoping to be delivered from his prison. The last revealing Rhett Butler as he sat there and gave a soundless meow from within.

"Four down, three more to go..." Dark Endymion muttered. The wicked smirk never leaving his face.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Back in Tokyo, Japan, winter was truly there as snow fell down from the sky in and gently atop building and any other surface available for it.

Ayame stood in front of Yumemi's house once again and sighed. The other day, she had come over for her art lesson and when she knocked, no one answered. When she tried the door, it was unlocked. It wasn't like her sensei to leave the door unlocked if she had left.

At first she thought Yumemi might have been in the garden and hadn't heard her, entering, the lights were on but there was no sign of Yumemi anywhere. Growing worried or her sensei, she called the art gallery to see if anyone there had seen her. They hadn't seen her in days. Ayame called to some of the models Yumemi used regularly and they hadn't heard anything. With no one else she knew to ask, Ayame had called the police.