A Message from the Distant Past

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

After days and nights of searching, the Sailor Guardians were still having little luck trying to find the portal. Since Ayame's team had been doing all the searching since the others were too busy with their plan and training, the two teams and switched places. Ayame's team spent time training and Usagi's team were searching for the portal.

Finishing training early, Ayame had already turned in for the night. She began stirring when she felt something tickle her nose.

"Huh?" Ayame muttered as she woke up. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes as she noticed Jadeite.

"Sorry to wake you, milady. However, it's urgent. Sailor Venus and Artemis have finally discovered the portal to the Dark Kingdom." He informed her.

"Then what are we waiting for?!" Ayame questioned as she threw off her sheets and had Jadeite turn around to sling on some clothes.

"It's about time we found it. Hopefully we can explore it without being caught. Once we map out what we can and you know were we enter, we can make final preparations for our assault on the Dark Kingdom. We'll save Kunzite, your true form, and my brother." Ayame said as she finished and turned to the window. "Let's go!"

With those final words the duo snuck out of the house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Elsewhere in Tokyo, the Sailor Guardians and the three of the Four Kings of Heaven had gathered at Café Crepe. It had a cottage feel to it as they entered. Before coming here, Ayame was surprised Nephrite and Zoisite was with them, they would be guarding the outside of the portal to make sure no monsters got through and could run back and alert the Dark Kingdom their portal had been found.

"This is the place, everyone." Sailor Venus informed them.

"It looks that way. Great work, Sailor Venus." Sailor Mars told her as they all gazed at the portal.

All in all, it was like any of the other portals created by the Dark Kingdom. The dark creepiness, except it was bigger to let more monsters through. Honestly, it wasn't that well hidden. They were standing in the main dining area of the café and they only had to open a set of wooden double doors to find it. They would have to slightly jump down into it, but at wouldn't be a problem.

"C'mon!" Luna said as she lead the charge into the portal followed by Artemis. The others followed with Sailor Gaea's team bringing up the rear. Before following the others, Sailor Gaea looked at Nephrite as he approached.

"Be careful and return soon. If you don't, supposedly dead or not, I will came after you." He promised.

"I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you." Sailor Gaea assured him.

"I love you as well." He whispered as he gave her a tender kiss.

With farewell's done, Sailor Gaea followed the others as they entered what appeared to be a cave system. Jumping down and landing with the others, Sailor Gaea gathered with the others as the cats scouted ahead. Gathering around one of the passage ways, they checked the way before Sailor Venus motioned it was clear and the others followed her.

Going their own way, the three cats stopped before a small tunnel.

"What's this?" Luna asked.

"You act like you've never seen a tunnel before." Jadeite scoffed. "If I remember correctly, this should lead us close to the Dark Kingdom, but not inside. It's too small for most monsters so it couldn't lead there. This is most likely an air vent that leads to the surface."

"Let's check it out!" Artemis said as he jumped first with Luna right after, sighing, the tan cat followed to make sure they didn't get hurt or anything.