Stars Align for a Painting

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

It was a brand new day in the Juban shopping district, as Rei, Ayame, and Jing were shopping. After leaving Tuxedo Mask back at the mall, Ayame had hurried back to Rei's to deliver the plum juice as requested and had went home. Now Rei was feeling loads better and asked Ayame to join her shopping. It came as a surprise to Ayame but gladly accepted. She did want to have time to bond with Rei. She also asked if Jing could come along since she admired Rei. Luckily, Rei agreed and Ayame was on the hunt not for monsters, but some good deals.

"Hey, Rei. Why did you ask me to come with you instead of Ami and Usagi?" Ayame asked.

"If I brought along that crybaby, then I wouldn't get anything done. She'll just complain about it being too early or hungry. Usagi already has a bathing suit. Ami has cram school today, so she's busy. I wanted to hang out with you. I realize you're different from Usagi and I shouldn't have treated you like a did. I want a fresh start and going shopping with you seemed like a good idea." Rei answered.

Ayame smiled. She knew Rei wasn't one to apologize so this was the closest she would get to one. "It's okay, Rei. I'm glad you invited me and allowed Jing to come too."

"I'm really glad too." Jing pipped up as she moved aside clothes to look at them between the racks.

Jing wore sleeveless printed blue and white summer dress with a O-neck neckline along with brown sandals. Ayame meanwhile wore a tie-die shirt, a pair of blue jeans and some tan flats. Rei had a more tomboy look with ripped shorts and a yellow tank top and red sandals.

"By the way, why the sudden rush for a swimsuit? If you don't mind me asking." Jing said.

"Usagi, Ami, and I are going on a weekend getaway and do some bonding at this pension I picked for us. I need a new swimsuit since my old one needs to be replaced." Rei answered as she stopped to look at a swim suit for a moment before putting it back.

Ayame stopped what she was doing at this information. Usagi hadn't told her about this, or Naru. Why didn't they get invited? Why did Usagi continue to build this between Ayame, Naru, and her new friends Rei and Ami?

"Oh...That sounds like fun." Ayame said nonchalantly.

Rei looked over at Ayame with a look of realization and guilt. She wanted to soften the blow Ayame had taken due to her not thinking but, she didn't know what to say. It was a training boot camp for Sailor Guardians only. Before Rei could say anything Jing broke the silence.

"Hey, Rei. What do you think of this one? I think it would look great on you." Jing offered a red and orange one-piece swim suit without any straps. The way it closed off in the back created a part showing the back.

"Wow. That looks amazing Jing. Have you found anything for yourself?" Rei asked as she checked to size.

"Yep! I found this nice brown one, but I want to try it on before I show it to you guys. Ayame, have you found anything you like yet?" Jing asked as she happily walked over to check the racks Ayame was looking in.

"I think so. I found a few that I need to try on." Ayame said as she showed her selection.

"Then what are we waiting for? To the dressing room!" Jing said as she led the way.

As they walked, Ayame glanced at the other merchandise in the store. One thing that caught her eye was the jewelry stand nearby. It wasn't as flashy as all the other jewelry. One could have called them simple and most would have just glanced past them. It was a pair of Sterling Silver earrings according to the paper. The jewel part of the earrings were 5MM Swarovski Crystals and in the shape of a Star. The top part of the star was blue and the rest was a white background with golden lines spreading out from the center, reflecting many colors. Ayame couldn't help but like them.