The Tragic Final Battle

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

After much discussion, all the Sailor Guardians thought it would be best to retreat for the night. They were all physically tired and after seeing their past lives, they were mentally drained. Dispersing home, they all went to get some well deserved sleep.

They also decided to spend one day with their families and dear ones. In the back of their minds, they all knew it could be the last. The Four Kings of Heaven went back to the apartment and filled Kunzite in on everything that had happened. Planning what they would do for the assault of the Dark Kingdom. Luna and Artemis were recovering from their wounds as they walked around town a little covered in bandages. They stopped as they watched an ongoing broadcast.

One Tv showed how serious the on coming doom was as it covered the dark spots on the sun.

"The dark spots on the sun continue to spread at an unusual pace. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes and other catastrophes believed to be caused by this phenomenon, continue to occur throughout the world. The National Weather Bureau is calling this an unprecedented atmospheric event and has released a statement saying they-"

"We will have to act quickly!" Artemis said, frustrated. Feeling helpless and wishing there was something he could do.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, the Sailor Guardians of Earth were each making the most of their last day. Ayame decided to spend some time with Naru and informing her about the final battle was going to take place soon. Naru wishing her the best of luck. Later that evening she treated her parents to an Italian restaurant.

Jing was having a busy day spending time with her parents and twin sisters at 10-Ban Land and the evening with Kijin. Since he knew the truth, it made it harder for them. Kijin didn't want her to go, but he accepted it.

Nanami was at Studio Dive, working with Hiromi and Kazuko, finishing her drawing of the Earth Sailor Guardians, including Sailor Eurus and Sailor Boreus. On a separate paper she had drawn the Four Kings of Heaven, Helios, and Endymion. With remembering their past lives, it was easy to draw them. Nanami had Jadeite's human and cat spirit form in it too. After working at the studio, Nanami ate dinner with her mother and before she left, she asked her father to look after her and the others.

Hiroko spent the day working along side her parents at the store. It had been busy day and after work, Hiroko worked on some special request music boxes she would deliver the next day. After that, she spent the evening with her uncle. Not really talking about anything, or doing anything in particular, just being there for each other and praying in the church. Hiroko praying for everyone's safety.

Taura had spent the day with her family watching the Princess Bride and doing her Inigo Montoya impression, making them all laugh. She squeezed a few hours of fencing practice for the club too. She was glad her family had moved to Japan and glad she had joined the fencing club. When first moving, she wasn't thrilled. In fact, she had refused. Her mother had a duel with Taura to settle the matter. If Taura had won, she would have stayed with relatives. That day, her mother won and looking back now, Taura didn't mind it so much.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

That night, all the girls were gathered at their usual hangout, the Hikawa Shrine.

"Is everyone ready?" Minako asked in a somber tone.

"Yeah. Let's do this." Makoto said confidently as she cracked her knuckles.

"Well, there's no turning back now." Ami said, slightly pessimistic.

"Hey, uh, Rei!" Usagi whispered, getting her fellow guardian's attention.

"Hm?" Rei hummed.

Usagi leaned in close and even though she was trying to whisper, they all her ask. "So did you at least Yuichrio a kiss before leaving home?"