Wish upon a Star

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

After Masato left, Ayame and the girls changed and spent the rest of the night sleeping their exhaustion away. Ayame's parents had come back that morning and were surprised to see three girls in their house instead of one, but didn't mind it. They were glad Ayame hadn't been alone. Since that night, Ayame hadn't seen Masato. Though she summed it up to be busy with his company and work.

In the meantime, Ayame spent time with her friends. Though Nanami and Jing continued to tease her about Masato. Ayame was lucky they didn't see the two of them kiss. Today in particular, she spent it with Usagi and Naru at the public pool. Both Nanami and Jing were busy with work and dates, so they couldn't come with them.

Around them, people were playing and talking. The normal civilian life.

Ayame was having fun, even though she was slightly distracted. Jumping off the diving board, she swam underwater, twisting and turning. Looking up at the sun through the water. All other sounds muddled. It was a peaceful place to think, even though she would have to return for air soon. She thought about that night and about her feelings for Masato.

'Masato had been so gentle and seemed so genuine that night. Ever since that dance, I'm certain now that I'm truly in love with him. I've tried denying it and that hasn't helped. But, now what do I do? I GAVE HIM MY FIRST KISS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! However, we didn't really say what we are to each other. He could still be toying with me, but somehow, that idea just doesn't seem right.' Ayame thought as she swam towards Naru and Usagi.

Breaking the surface, Ayame began to catch her breath and clear the excess water from her eyes. Looking over at her friends Usagi was goofing off. Splashing water all over the place in front of Naru who was sitting with her legs in the water.

"Splish-Splash!" Usagi yelled.

"You act like such a kid." Naru said as she pulled her legs out and turned away from Usagi.

Ayame raising an eyebrow at her behavior. Since when did she get so mature?

"Well, I try my best!" Usagi said, before catching on to the insult. "Eh-uh.. Wait, are you saying you're not?!"

"That's right. You wanna know why?" Naru said with her head resting on her hand. Acting superior. "'Cause I know what it's like to be a grown-up in love!" she declared dreamily with a blush on her cheeks.

"Hm?" Usagi confused, staring at her friend as a beach ball hit her in the head and her going underwater until she resurfaced. "Hold it! Are you actually in love with someone?" she asked. Not really believing Naru's claim.

"Oh, come on now! Why of course I am!" Naru said, the blush not going away as she cradled her head between both hands.

Usagi gasps at this new development before barraging Naru with her fretful questions. "Who then?! Is it Umino?! Ah! Hold on! It better not be Tuxedo Mask or Matoki! I've got dibs on those two!"

"No, not them. I'm not a kid anymore. Alright, I might as well tell you. It's Mr. Sanjouin." Naru admitted.

"Masato?" Ayame asked. Trying to keep a dark, slowly growing, familiar emotion that began curling in her stomach once again from surfacing in her voice and keep a voice of curiosity. She had a bad feeling about where this was going.

Naru looked over at Ayame. 'How come Ayame seems so familiar with him that she uses his first name when she talks about him?' she wondered.

Usagi had a more drastic reaction to the news."Whaaatt!" She yelled.

"What was that? Are you overreacting because he's not a boy?" Naru asked surprised at Usagi's outburst before blushing and continuing her oh so mature talk. "I know he is a little old for me. But that doesn't matter when it's love."