Grandpa Loses Control

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

High above the sleeping city of Tokyo, the full moon shined down upon the Hikawa shrine.

Speaking of sleeping, there was a young man on the steps before the shrine. He had shoulder length brown hair in a ragged style with a full fringe as the side bangs at the right to cover his eyes. On his chin was the beginnings of a beard. Sprawled out on the steps, his big drawstring bag acted as a pillow and he had no blanket. Only a pair of blue jeans and three different layers made of a long sleeved black shirt, a tan button up shirt, both of which were tucked into his belt, and a blue jacket that sleeves were rolled up to his elbows to ward off the growing cold weather.

Top the shrine, not too far from this young man was the grandfather of one Rei Hino. A short old man known to be extraordinarily goofy, jumpy, physical and was always known to greet his visitors energetically. He was also known for his slightly perverted personality, in spite of his goofiness, he does manage to come down to Earth when the situation warrants it. Like usual, he wore his white traditional kimono shirt and light blue hakama.

On this cloudless night, Grandpa was sitting high above on the roof. "Ahh... What a lovely moon... On a night like this, some dumplings and a glass of sake would sure taste great!" He said aloud to himself. Licking his lips at the thought. As he gazed at the moon he noticed something out of the ordinary. "Huh?"

Zoisite seemed to have a thing for dramatics as he appeared before Grandpa with the mon around him. His signature petals floating around him. "Who are you?!" Demanded Grandpa.

Zoisite ignored this as he held out the Dark Crystal to work it's magic. "Zoi!"

"Hnh? I sense evil!" Grandpa said before he too was affected by the crystal like all the others. Grunting as he tried to resist.

"Ha ha! Just as I suspected, this old man's one of the Seven Great Monsters." Zoisite said to himself. Makes one wonder why he was uncertain to begin with. The Dark Crystal had probably shown him before.

Grandpa was painfully screaming as an indigo crystal appeared in his chest as the Dark Crystal began to draw it out.

"And now old man, allow me to remove that Rainbow Crystal from your body..." Zoisite said as he watched with glee.

Grandpa continued his painful screaming as even at this stage, he tried to resist. "Evil spirit!"

Zoisite giggled at this small display as he issued his commands. "Now it's time! Return to life, Jiji!"

Even though Grandpa was old, he wasn't in charge of a shrine for nothing. With resisting grunts, he raised his hands and them clasped together he yelled. "Ahhhh!"

This shocked Zoisite as his eyes widen and he was forced back. "Ahh! Damn you!" The force causing parts of the roof to have been pushed back around Grandpa as he clutched his chest and panted. The debris scattered across the roof as he was sweating from the exertion. "I thought you were nothing more than a weak old man, but you're good! Zoi!"

Zoisite used his powers to push Grandpa backwards off the roof.

Grandpa screaming as he fell.

His granddaughter, Rei, was started as she heard this and ran to see what the commotion was about.

"Ahhh!" Grandpa yelled out as he fell.

The pet crows, Phobos and Deimos, flew out and past grandpa as he fell and began attacking the one who attacked their master's family.

This just wasn't Zoisite's night as he was clawed and pecked at by the birds. "Huh?! Hey! Get away from me, you foul crows!" He yelled.

Grandpa fell to the ground with a grunt as Rei came outside and saw the state of her beloved grandfather. "Grandpa!" she yelled.