Snow, Mountains, Friendship and Monsters

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

Another day at the shrine and winter was on its way as the days grew colder. There wasn't a need to pull out the heavy gear yet, but it was definitely time for long sleeves and jackets. Ayame and the girls all wore different outfits.

Jing wore a casual winter qipao in a tan color and black edges and went down to her knees. She wore black tights and a pair of red Mary Janes.

Nanami wore her signature hat with a classic inverness wool cape coat, the same coat as Sherlock Holmes wore. Underneath, she wore a black and white Lolita dress with a black ribbon tied in a bow and three black buttons underneath. She wore stripped grey and black stockings and white boots with a bit of blue at the heel. She insisted in bringing a magnifying glass to seek out the enemy along the way to the shrine.

Hiroko wore a green jacket over a plum sweater shirt and grey jeans. In her hair was a grey knitted hat and on her feet were purple and grey running shoes.

Taura wore leopard print poncho with a black turtle neck under it and green jeans. She wore brown slippers as well.

Ayame wore a trench coat in lavender with white jeans and yellow shoes. Around her neck was a matching scarf wrapped around her neck.

As they climbed up the stairs, the heard Usagi talking to the others. "Hey! Let's go up to the snow! C'mon! It'll be fun! And it says right here that this weekend, they're having this great Moon Princess contest up at the ski resort!" She tried to convince them.

"That seems like an odd coincidence." Minako pointed out. As they walked over, Ayame did too.

"Yeah, it's perfect! A contest like this one is tailor-made for me to win, don't you think?" Usagi asked them.

"No offence Uasgi, but don't you think you might have a little trouble with your balance?" Ayame asked hiding her smirk. The girl was clumsy. Ayame expected her to fall flat on her face before it even started. Usagi glared at her as Rei snatched the paper about the event from her.

"Let me see!" Rei sat down as she looked it over. "Wow! So the contest winner gets to be crowned Moon Princess at night, in front of a big crowd of people?!" She said with a happy sigh. No doubt daydreaming about it. "Mmm. I can already see myself there!"

Ayame thought about it, and while going to a ski resort would be fun, she would have to ask her parents and let them know where she was going first and tell Jadeite about it. She didn't want to ski, but she could go sledding and build snowmen. It didn't have to be a snowman. She could even do snowball fights.

"So is that a yes?!" Usagi asked, hopefully.

"I'm good with all of this, but I'm wondering what Luna and Artemis will think about it." Makoto reminded them of their cat guardians.

"Don't forget Jadeite!" Jing added.

"There's no need to worry about that, I'll just tell them we're all going up to the mountains to do some serious training!" Minako told them.

"I'm kinda surprised you'd actually suggest telling them that." Usagi said surprised.

"Why? It's the truth." Minako said not completely understanding.

"It's more like stretching the truth, but I'm sure they'll believe it coming from you." Ami assured her.

"Great! That means all of us can go!" Usagi cheered.

"But how're we gonna find a hotel vacancy on such short notice?" Rei pointed out. With the contest so close at hand, there would hardly be any vacancies, especially for ten girls.