A Loss and a Gain

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

To say Luna was shocked was an understatement. Even if she had thought it, a part of her wanted to deny it. It wasn't real until he confirmed it. At first she had tried to run away before he used his powers to hold her above the ground just high enough where she couldn't touch it.

"It's rude to run away when someone is talking to you. Frankly, I thought I would be able to hide it longer. But my powers tipped you off. Yet another side of me wanted you to find out. Calm down and let me explain." Jadeite said.

"Why should I listen to anything you have to say!? You're the enemy!" Luna shouted.

"Nephrite joined our side and you're not trying to hurt or run away from him." Jadeite pointed out.

"For all I know, he's been in on this the entire time! Pretending to love Ayame and such to let our guards down until you kill us!" Luna argued.

"NEVER! Never question Nephrite's feelings for Ayame, those are as real as the sun that rises every morning." Jadeite said angerly. "This is why I didn't introduce myself with my real name. After everything I've done, you think I'm still the bad guy. I knew you wouldn't trust me anymore. As for Nephrite or Zoisite knowing, Nephrite learned of my new position only after he joined the Sailor Guardian's side. Zoisite and the rest of the Dark Kingdom are unaware of the change of allegiance." Jadeite sighed as he lowered her to the ground, confusing Luna.

"Let's go to the arcade and tell your boss. There I'll give you a full explanation about what is going on and my 'true motives' as you put it. I'd rather not have to explain myself twice." He said as he walked away from her stunned form.

'How did he know all of that?!' She thought as she reluctantly followed him.

"If you must know, I followed you a few times when you went to go report in. It's also the place you came out of before I stole the stuff I needed for Ayame. So I knew you had some sort of operation going on there." Jadeite explained.

With that said, the two of them headed into the night to the arcade.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

At the Arcade, the two cats sat down in front of the game screen. Jadeite was hidden from the screen so not to spook Luna's boss with his surprise appearance. A lone dog howled into the night startling the female cat before she turned to the matter at hand. As she had been reluctant to let Jadeite in, but since he already knew about the place, she didn't bother.

"Huh? Codename Zero-Zero-Nine-One. This is Luna. Passphrase: 'The rabbit on the moon is pounding rice cakes', please respond ASAP." Luna began.

"The moon's rice cakes are sticky." The voice from the screen replied, Luna's boss and mission control.

"And you puff them up," Luna blew, "when you toast them, as well."

"So then, how are the Sailor Guardians doing?" Her boss asked.

"One of them still has issues with responsibility, but the others are really doing very well indeed! But we have a bigger problem on our paws!" Luna yelled.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She means me." Jadeite said as he floated up and sat down where he could be seen.

"Actaeon?! What is he doing here?!" Mission control asked.

"I'm here to explain everything to you two so I don't have to do it twice. My name isn't Actaeon. That's just a name I took so you wouldn't try to skin me alive when we first met. You might not recognize me as I am now, but I'm Jadeite." He explained.