Is Tuxedo Mask Evil?

I thank December Silentvale for helping me. The song Ayame is talking about is "Cost of the Crown" by Mercedes Lackey. These next few chapters are going to be hard on me with Mamoru being evil, but it has to been done for characters to grow.

After that, the girls went their own separate ways. All heading home to get some well deserved rest. All of the except one. Together with Jadeite and Zoisite, they were heading to the apartment building where Nephrite was.

Jadeite had insisted he could take care of getting Zoisite settled in and explaining the situation to Nephrite, but Ayame had refused. She knew if she didn't go now, she would be even more reluctant to talk to him to see him again. The past, and especially as horrific as her end was, left a deep mark on Ayame. She was terrified to being alone with Zoisite and Jadeite. It was slightly better with Jadeite because he wasn't in the same form as before the Earth Kingdom fell.

She was scared of them...Unfortunately, the one she was most afraid of was the man she loved. As they walked, she wondered how he dealt with remembering and acted as if nothing had happened between them.

Luckily on the way, Zoisite and Jadeite tried to distract her from her thoughts. Jadeite explaining everything to Zoisite.

"That jerk is still alive and I have to live in the same apartment!?" Zoisite asked horrified. Somethings hadn't changed and Nephrite and Zoisite still didn't get along that well, brainwashed or not. Remembering the past when the two argued, they kinda reminded Ayame of Usagi and Rei when they fought.

Jadeite sighed. "If you two don't end each other, we can probably clean out another room so you don't drive each other crazy. While I'm gone, Nephrite will be in charge and you will do as he says because it's the least you can do to make up for what you did." the cat scolded him.

Making Zoisite look down in defeat.

Finally arriving, Ayame turned to the two generals.

"I need a moment alone with Nephrite. Jadeite, do you think you could help Zoisite get settled in another room? Make a list of things he'll need and we can get them later." Ayame told them.

Both reluctantly nodded and went to the room next door. Gathering her nerves, Ayame walked up to the door and opened it.

Inside, Nephrite was polishing his sword as he looked up and smiled at Ayame. "Ayame." He greeted her.

Ayame growing pale at the sight of the sword and smile. Flashing back to right before he killed her.

Nephrite noticed this and quickly put away the sword and moved to get closer to his love. "Ayame? Are you alright? Why are you so pale? What are you doing here so early? Does Jadeite know you're here?" He asked.

Ayame stepped back from him, causing him to stop himself. Her bangs hiding her eyes. "Ayame...?" He asked.

"No...I'm not alright. My name isn't just Ayame. I know who I am now. I'm the Princess of Earth. Princess Iris. Sailor Moon has also awakened as the Moon Princess, Princess Serenity. The Silver Crystal has formed and is in her possession. We've recovered Zoisite from the enemy's grasp and he's currently next door being settled in. And the enemy has taken Tuxedo Mask, my brother, Prince Endymion." Ayame explained as tears formed in her eyes and Nephrite saw them fall.

He knew now, what he feared would happen had transpired.

"But, for me...the worst of it all, was the memory...that I was killed by the man I loved." Ayame revealed as she looked up at him.

Tears formed in his own eyes at this. "Ayame..." He whispered.

"The memories keep overlapping. I can't stop them. I remember the times you were so kind to me and then the fall of the Kingdom. IT HURTS! I CAN STILL FEEL THE SWORD PENETRATING MY HEART AND THE LAST WORDS YOU SPOKE TO ME!" Ayame wept as she fell to her knees. Leaning against the door.