The Painting of Love

I thank December Silentvale for helping me.

The court of the Dark Kingdom was once again together as what could have been glimpses of sunlight peeked through the cathedral high ceiling. Though it was highly unlikely it was actual sunlight beaming down. Around the throne of the queen, towering post cast light around the throne and the pillar that had the face of a monster connected to it and the ceiling. Illuminating the throne and just the outer edge of the of those gathered before the Queen.

Right in front of Queen Beryl and her throne was her loyal servant, Zoisite. Though he was loyal, his incompetence was beginning to grate on the Queen's already narrow patience and tolerance for failure. As he kneeled before her, the Queen began to review the status of their quest for the Rainbow Crystals.

"Of the Seven Rainbow Crystals..." Queen Beryl began before raising her hand and showing two fingers. "Two are in the hands of those Sailor Guardians and Tuxedo Mask while we only possess one of them." She said before showing one. "And as for our allies, the Seven Great Monsters, three of them have already been defeated. Do you have anything to say for yourself, Zoisite?" Queen Beryl asked as Zoisite seemed to remain calm.

Looking up to meet the gaze of his queen, Zoisite answered, "Yes! Queen Beryl, please allow me just a little more time." From out of his jacket, the Dark Crystal emerged.

Then before them appeared a young woman with brown braided hair and blue eyes framed behind round glasses. She was wearing a pink jacket with yellow insides over light blue shirt with white stripes and buttons.

"This young lady is our next target. I promise to obtain the Rainbow Crystal she has by whatever means necessary." Zoisite said.

"But should you fail... you know what will happen to you?" Queen Beryl reminded him. The threat absolutely clear.

Zoisite sweated and he gave the only answer he could. "Yes, my Queen."

XXXXXXXXXXXX

It was a beautiful fall day in the park, without a single cloud in the sky. The day was crisp and cool when all the leaves were just beginning to turn into different shades of brown, orange, purple and red. Crusty brown leaves whirled around circling the others of it's kind as if chasing each other in small tumbles and tornados of air sweeping the beautiful park, the mystifying colors of the sun shone onto the leaves glistening brightly as the smell of the breeze bitterly blew over the visitors shoulders and neck, giving a tingling sensation one gets at the beginning of autumn.

Ayame was in the park with a new outfit to combat the shifting weather. She wore a long sleeve shirt in pastel blue with a jewel neckline. Around her neck was a necklace highlighted by a royal blue feather with a delicate silver-tone dipped feature. Including a cotton cord and a small light blue accent bead. She wore ripped up blue jeans and over all of it was a stripped green and white embroidered poet sleeve cardigan with flower designs on it.

She wasn't the only one enjoying the weather either. As far as the eye could see, besides the leaves, there were couples walking all around. They all looked happy. Unknowingly rubbing it in and practically laughing in her face, reminding her of her situation.

'Try to remain strong, Ayame. I know we'll be able to defeat them soon. Just be patient until then.' Nephrite's words echoed.

But how long would it be until that day comes? Until then, Ayame merely sighed unhappily.

Looking down at her feet, Ayame slouched in the park bench she had decided to take a break at. She was suppose to meet up with Naru and Usagi today. Just a day for them to hang out since it had been a while and hopefully this time, no monsters. She had yet to be informed about what exactly they were going do or go.