Chapter four

Shade's pov...

It's been exactly a week since i got home.
Home is so boring, and my mum isn't making it go smoothly for me.. Thank God for my father, he is so kind and sweet,there's no amount of words that can describe my loving papa, he is my number one man, I love him so much.
I sat by window thinking about my papa when my phone rang.
"Argg"i lazily removed my phone under pillow, oh its an unknown number 

"Hello, who am I speaking with? I asked

"Its olaolu, the guy you met lask week"

"Wow” I said not realizing I was shouting "is it really you olaolu"?

"Yes do you still remember me"?

"Of course, why won't I?. I said smilling

"Ok then, how are you doing"?

"Good, very good.. what about you, how are you doing"? I asked.

"Very fine thank you, I  wanted to call you right after that day but I forgot and I had some business to take care of"

"Oh no its ok..

"How's your family"?

"They are fine, thank you"

"How about yours, hope they are fine also"

"Yes they are fine, alright  then, please save my number and I will call you some other time, bye for now"

"Yes I will, bye". I said felling super excited

After he dropped the call, i did a mental dance afterwards I flung myself onto my bed, I was so happy... Ola called me, ola called me...it replayed inside my head several times..
I held my phone close to my chest still lying on my bed I began to think about ola, I didn't know when I slept off..

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I didn't know if i slept for twenty minutes but I am very sure I didn't sleep for too long when my mum bursted into room, immediately i got up shitting my dress properly on my body.
Mum still thinks am a little girl I don't get to wear short dresses at home because I know it will definitely cost me lots of insults, she stood by the door smilling down at me, I stood there like a little child, wait why is she smilling I thought within myself.

"young lady your uncle is here, he wants me to get you right now,wear something nice am sure you don't want to look stupid in front of him do you? " she said rolling her at me

"Ok mum i will" i don't know the reason mum has a soft spot for my uncle, he is my dad's elder brother and for some i can't seems to like him at all, he has three wives with seven children all living together under a roof, believe me uncle's fucking rich but stingy thank God dad is also well to do and we do not depend on him.. Maybe mum likes him because when he comes to our house he buys lot of things for mum and my sister, but we all know he his not generous and also he is very strict, he hardly smile.. How can a person live like that?... I can still remember vividly when I was still a little girl, I went to my uncle's house for a week holiday, i and temmy his daughter who is my best friend, we went to the next compound to play because he won't allow i and temmy to watch cartoons we were restricted from many things, we he came back from work that day, he punished i and temmy by sending us to bed without food, since it was my idea to play in the next compound, I was given six strokes of cane.
Since then i have always hated him and i promised myself not to go to my uncle's house for an holiday

I brought out a maxi dress from wardrobe, I had to put it on quickly because I don't want mum shouting again.
I got to the living room and I saw my uncle there sitted chatting with my mum, they didn't notice i was standing

"Good afternoon sir" i said on my knees.

"Good afternoon shade, how are you doing" he said not smiling.

"Am fine sir

"I learnt you came back from school last week, how is school"? He said scanning me with his eyes from head to toe.

"Fine sir" i replied

"My wife, that's what he calls my mum, what have you been feeding shade with? She is  way to big, even bigger than you are, this is so bad, Shade, you and Temmy are of same age and she is not as big as this, what are you eating?? no man will get married to you believe or not don't you do exercises? if you continue this way, you will end up with a useless man" he spat looking at me like a wounded tiger.

"I don't know my in-law, my mother began, thanks to her father, he never corrects her of any mistakes, just look at her" she said rolling her eyes at me

I stood there, watching how my uncle and my own mother throw insults at me, i fought the tears trying to rush down my face, no! i can't become weak in front of my uncle, i just can't..

"Mum, can i go to my room now" I asked, i wished father is around.

"Really? My uncle replied, my wife now i believe my brother spoilt her, shade while am still talking to you, so you want to go to your room, so the advice i gave you is irrelevant, isn't it"?

"No sir, am sorry i didn't mean to be rude" i replied bending my knees half way.

"Thank God you can see things for yourself my in-law, this is the work of your brother o" mum replied shaking her head.

I sat on the chair and watched them discuss, they talked and talked and talked, I was so angry, but what can I do?
After what seems like ages, my uncle spoke to me

"I already called your father, he is still at work and i can't wait another hour, i will talk to him concerning your situation, shade you can't go on like this" he said

After twenty more minutes he left our house leaving lot of gifts for mum as usual. I headed straight for my room without looking at the gifts, seriously i was less concerned about it.

Hello guys.. What do you think of this chapter? Is shade's uncle mean? Pls comment and also plssssss do not forget to vote..
❤️ u guys..