Chapter seventeen

Not Edited..

Folashade

Its been five days since i arrived to my uncle's house, to me the journey from ondo to Lagos was stress-free..

i enjoyed every bit of it, i intentionally let go of my worries knowing too well it would do me no good, father called me few times before i arrived to Lagos..

  i asked of mother and he assured me everything at home is under control which i didn't utterly believed, i knew he was merely trying to comfort me, i asked after my baby sister too and he told me she was also good but cried when i left...i really missed her, part of me wanted to jump straight home..

I took so many pictures on the way, i caught the driver's stares at me, he must have lot of questions running through his mind..

It was late at night when i got to my uncle's house...i was bewildered at the mere sight of the house...it was magnificent..when we reached the gigantic gate i had to ask the driver if he was certain that we were at the right house...

while still in the car, my eyes roamed carefully at surroundings,the fountain which stood at the center of the compound, flowerbeds more like outdoor  flowers were beautified  with colorful lights, i couldn't even know how to describe the surrounding, it was beautiful, like a five star hotel, it's   perfect!  but then i had to ask the driver once again if it was my uncle's house, his response was laughter, i felt ridiculous for that moment, finally the driver pulled over at the car park..

i got down from the car with the feeling of amazement, everywhere was quiet, i was convinced it was my uncle's house when i saw temmy, we were so excited to see each other!

"Fola, as she normally calls me, tapping me to reality

...it's weekend which means  another free day, let's go shopping"!! she said jumping excitedly like a child...

yes it's another free day i mean for the past five days of my arrival here i haven't set my eyes on my uncle, i was told he traveled a day before i arrived which was a great joy to me, i had fun to the fullest with temmy, we visited so many places in Lagos, bought different outfits, we went to the beach, the shopping spree alone was so exciting, i thought i was out of nigeria..believe me i look forward to spending more weeks here if only my uncle wouldn't be back to steal our joy...

my phone began to ring, cutting off our conversation  i checked who the caller was its ola! my heart skipped a bit, temmy urged me to answer it...we talked close to 15 minutes "ma'am she teased, why are you blushing" she asked as she cupped my face with her hands with all smiles....i gave her a quick summary about what i and ola discussed, while she was teasing me  to get married, a knock came on the door

"come in" temmy said one of the female servants entered "aunty temmy, mummy said i should call you and aunty shade, she needs your attention now" the girl said
"ok, let her know we will be there in five minutes" temmy said giving her signal to leave.

out of uncle Tayo three wives, he sent one packing five years ago for the reason only God knows, some of uncle's children are married at least four of them i think, temmy is the last and only  daughter which makes her mom the last wife, temmy 's mum occupied the first floor of the house while the second wife stayed at the second  floor with two sons, one of them returned from American about two months ago, i think he wants to settle in Nigeria...

We arrived at her usual spot inside the garden.."eyin omo mi"(my  children) she said sipping her fruit wine gracefully, i just love this woman, she's kind, loving, placid, adorable, understanding, unlike my own mother..."come sit with me folashade" she said gesturing me to take a sit with her, which i did immediately.. 

She began "temmy your father called last night, i don't think he will be till next week, he said he has something urgent to discuss with you when he arrives.." she explained
"really" her heart sank
"yes, what's that look darling?"  Temmy's mom asked worried too
I gave temmy "what's wrong with you" kind of look she nodded that "nothing"
"Temitayo, don't worry am sure everything will be alright" she assured.. After spending few minutes with mom in the garden chatting  we left for shopping....while in the car temmy explained so many things concerning the house to me, how her father has been making the house a living hell for her, she also asked about my relationship with my mother, i explained everything to her without leaving anything out, she encouraged me to be patient as things would be right besides i won't live forever in that house....

We shopped for many things, i also met temmy's boyfriend, he took us to Chinese restaurant, later we went to see a movie, i must confess i really love their relationship, i thought of ola, wishing i could see him right away!

We returned home at night very tired, thank God mom is fast asleep, we tiptoed to our room(we share a room)   we chatted for a long time before we finally slept off!

Hey guys, hope love this chapter?
Who else love shade n temmy's friendship 😁
I love those girls!!
Stay tuned for the next chapter!!

Pls guys vote on my story, it won't take you any time, am heartbroken it seems you don't enjoy this story 😭
Guys comment so i can know where am lacking i don't feel any encouragement from u guys😭😭😭
if you read without voting, pls go back to vote now!
Thank u guys, i lv y'all