Chapter five

Shade's pov...
Its already 10:30pm, and dad is not still home i had been expecting him, I had lot things to tell him as he is my only companion at home, I stay at home indoor most times and sometimes I take a stroll with my sister down my street or maybe go shopping with her..
Its the fifth time I called dad today with no avail, is he ignoring my call? Or his he busy?.. I kept asking myself different questions
I unplugged my phone and I decided to ola, ever since the day he called he hasn't called back as he promised but its late, what if he is asleep i thought i didn't want to disturb him but I wanted to give it a trial so I called him..
He picked up at the second ring

"Hello shade"

"Hello, how are you"?

"Am doing good, how about you"he asked I could tell from his voice that he's tired.

"Am fine, hope i didn't disturb you at this hour"?

"No you are not, I was just about to sleep now"

"Ok then let me leave you to sleep I wanted to say hello to and thank for helping me out the other day i am really grateful"i said since i didnt know what else to say.

"its ok, you don't need to be thankful" he said laughing

"Alright, good night ola"

"Have a good night" he said and I disconnected the call.

This guy is so tight and brief, he doesn't talk much.. Who cares? I like the way he is.. I wish he can ask me out I will be the most happiest girl.. To be sincere i have never had a boyfriend in my life not because I don't want to but am simply scared of heart breaks and all relationship bullshits but since i have set my eyes on ola, my heart tells me he is the one for me.

After twenty minutes dad came back from his office, I was so happy i felt as if a burden has been let lifted off my shoulder..

"Ekabo babami(welcome my father)I said on my two kneels, I stood up and hugged him from behind, papa why didn't you pick my calls i was scared, where were you?"? I asked him fuming annoyance with my hands on my hips like an housewife questioning her husband.

"Sweetheart today's been very stressful for me and i had so much work compared to other days, am so sorry for not picking your calls"

"Ok papa you are forgiven" smilling at him as i hugged him
"Daddyyyy welcome, you stayed long today what happened" my sister asked very worried

"Princess am sorry I stayed out long" he said as he kissed her forehead

Then mum entered, "you guys need to stop questioning your father, as you can see he is very tired"

"Ok mum" princess answered i didn't bother to reply her

"Dad i bagan, go in and have a shower and go to bed, make sure you have plenty of sleep because i have lot of gist for you tomorrow thank God its Saturday tomorrow, we have lot to catch up on.. I winked at him smilling, mum just stood there watching the both of us unable to say anything.

"Ok dear, I am all yours tomorrow"
I was about to retire to my room when dad talked

"Shade i have something important to discuss with you tomorrow" dad said, i could detect the seriousness in his voice

"Ok papa, good night"

"Good night sweetheart"

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

i checked my phone it's 1:50am and i am still unable to sleep, i kept on rolling and all over on my bed then i began thinking about what my father said, he sounded very serious, he wanted to tell me something important, what could that be? I asked myself over and over again.

I stood up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom when i realize princess was not also sleeping.

"Princess why aren't you sleeping"?

"I dont know the reason but don't feel sleepy at all, do you think i also don't love you like mummy"? she asked

"No princess, i would never think like that ever, i know you do love and i also love you ok"?

"I love you too, she said as she smiled and hugged me, then she continued, i know mummy loves you i want you to believe that"

Sometimes one would believe that princess is an adult because they way she talks one would hardly believe that she is only twelve..
My sweet sister

"Yes i know she loves me a lot.. Enough now i want you to got to bed, we have a lot to do tomorrow, am taking you shopping in the afternoon ok"?

Feeling excited she hugged me tightly "sis you are the best, good night"

"Good night pumpkin" I said as I kissed her forehead.

Hi guys!!! What do you think of this chapter?? Your comments are also important, pls do not forget to vote.
Thanks!