Chapter seven

Shade...

"No dad, i won't go, i can't, you remember what happened the last time i went there, father its like sending me to a lion's den when you know its dangerous, please tell me, are tired of me?"...i said as i was about to cry

"Shade, you know i love you don't you?.. He is my uncle he won't harm you. Moreover you are just going for a month, you have your best friend temmy there with you, uncle wants you to come, he is my elder brother, i can't say no to him, do you understand darling" he said bringing my head closer to his chest.

"Why does he want me to come, why now?, i am not going and that's final"..i said angrily

"You are going and there's nothing you can do about it" mum shouted still standing at the doorway.

"Mum" i said as I was already frustrated

"What do you have to say?.. You should be thankful your uncle said he wants you to come and yet you are here arguing with your father"? Mum said

"Mum, you know its obvious uncle doesn't like me, he doesn't need me, besides am fine staying here i don't need an holiday" i said trying to see if she could reason with me.

"You don't have any say here, what is wrong with you? why can't you do anything right for once, you aren't going there to be a maid or some kind of servant, why can't you understand that, tell what is your problem with your uncle, he is a nice man" mum said shouting at the top of her voice, one would think mum has been paid for defending uncle.

"Mum,  I said also shouting, dad why are you not talking please try to talk to mum" I said as hot tears were rushing down my face

"Its ok darling, i promise to talk to her, you can leave" dad said to mum  and she left immediately hissing

"Sweetheart, you are going there to enjoy yourself and nothing else , its an opportunity for you, uncle has promised you a good holiday, you get to go anywhere you want with your best friend you won't be lonely, i promise you if anything goes wrong, let me know and i be there in no minutes, i promise you dear"

"Dad are you sure?"

"Yes dear" and dad hugged me

I love father so,he knows how to convince me perfectly if i have a opportunity to come to this world again, believe i will choose him a million times.

"Motigbo babami,(i have heard you father) i believe you"

After my dad left my room i sat on the bed thinking, going to uncle's house for an holiday is not actually a bad idea, temmy will be so happy to see me, i smiled to myself i should tell temmy about this.
I decided to tell, i saw missed calls on my phone, it was olaolu.
My God, where was i? Six missed calls? I must call ola now. He picked up after the third rings.

Feeling excited "Hello olaolu,am so sorry i missed your call, I was so busy"

"I understand, its alright how are you?"

"Am fine thanks, and you? Hope you are good?"

"Yeah I am, hmm Folashade i was wondering if I could see you, hmm i mean to talk and nothing else, trust me I do not mean any harm"

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!.. Finally i said within myself. Trying to play a bit hard..

"Hmmm, no problem but i get to choose the place and time ok?"

"Yes, anything for you pretty"

"Ok, i give you a call later in the night"

"Ok, thank you and bye"

Dancing like a little girl,"bye"

Wow, i will see olaolu finally i have  been dreaming of a call like this and it happened, this feeling totally made me forget going to my uncle's house, i will be free, i have to inform Temmy about this, going to my uncle's house for an holiday is not actually a bad idea, i will be free from my mum's clutch, no shoutings and insults and the most exciting part is that i will see the one i have been dreaming of freely without having to make sure am caught by mum. YES!!

I rushed to my dad's room to inform him i would leave for my uncle's house next weekend because I have to see olaolu before leaving..

"What's the rush?" Mum asked me upon entering their room.

Looking at floor i replied "Nothing ma, i have to inform dad about something"

"About what" she asked as she placed her hands on her hips rolling her eyes at me, seriously i thought they would pop out any minutes.

"Nothing mum, i have to talk to dad"

"Anyways i care less about it, have you made up your mind to go to your uncle's house?  mind you, you are leaving tomorrow evening"

Anger rushed inside of me very quickly at what mum said"no mum, i won't leave tomorrow" i shouted at the top of my voice, i was suprised at myself because i have never shouted at mum before, immediately i regrated my action.

"Really?, and who are you to make such a decision, ohh! so you have finally grown wings to talk to me anyhow"

"No mum, its not like that" i tried explaining but she cut me short.

"Shut up you silly girl, you are leaving tomorrow and that's final"

"Mum, you are not understanding at all, why do you hate me so much, what have i done to you tell me what?? I never begged you to come to this world did I? Why didn't you kill me right from birth?, you nag about every little thing i do, you are not even proud of me in public! You ignore me at home, you behave as if i never exist, i longed to tell you many things as a mother, sometimes i need to share some important things to you as a mother but i never get the opportunity, mum why! Why do so hate me this mum" i shouted as tears were fighting ways down my face,

And mum was there crying, she gave me the hottest slap i have ever received "how dare you shade? How dare you talk to me like this?" She said while shaking and dad rushed out of the bathroom asking me what happened

"Shade what happened? Why are you crying" dad asked,I ignored dad as  i couldn't endure it anymore i ran upstairs to my room leaving the door with a loud bang!.

Hello readers! How is this chapter?is shade right by talking to her mum that way? Pls guys, share your views
Pls do not forget to vote.
Stay tuned for the next chapter!