Part 13

Darryl and Zak laughed, chatted and slept together for the next day or so. Darryl showed Zak the Twitter conspiracies going around, and they posted a picture of him (bald) in the hospital bed to calm down the shippers. Instantly they were messaged with so much support and love; it was nice to know their viewers cared about them so much.

By the second evening, Dr. Snow was really happy with Zak's progress and authorised his release. "I only have one condition," she ordered, "you need to keep your bandage on and dry. Also, try not to do anything too vigorous, like running, jumping or," she raised her eyebrows suggestively, "anything else that requires physical activity. It was nice meeting you guys, and I hope the recovery process goes well. Any problems, call this number," she handed Zak a slip of paper, which he immediately gave to Darryl to not lose, "and come back in ten days to have your stitches removed, okay?"

Zak nodded, signing his release paperwork and squeezing Darryl's hand. A nurse came in with a wheelchair and helped Zak onto it, pushing him to the lift and then out of the double doors at the front of the hospital. "Where did you park, sir?" She asked Darryl politely.

"Car park B, nearest to the hospital," he replied, matching her pace as he walked next to Zak. Once they got to his car, he opened the passenger door and Zak used the handles on the door and roof to haul himself inside. "Thank you," he called to the nurse, who waved, already walking briskly back.

As Darryl got in and shut his door, Zak said brightly, "Thank you for helping me, carer!"

His heart stopped and he turned to stare at Zak. "What...?" He mumbled, his eyes wide.

Zak chuckled, putting his hand on Darryl's. "When they say I regained all of my memory, they mean all of my memory," he winked.

Darryl just looked at the road and started to drive home. "Don't do that to me," he said angrily, his voice thick. Zak was taken aback, not thinking he would react so badly to his teasing. The ride home was quiet and tense, Darryl fuming and Zak wondering why he was fuming.

When the car stopped, Darryl held Zak's door open as he climbed out, ready to catch him if he slipped. They made their way down the front path like this, and Zak glanced up at Darryl's stony face, worried. He stumbled on purpose, falling onto him and hugging him tight as Darryl steadied them both.

"I did that on purpose, you know," Zak grinned, then carried on in a small voice, "but I'm really sorry. Please don't be mad at me," he looked up into Darryl's eyes pleadingly.

Sighing, Darryl replied, "It's okay, I know you're only trying to joke around. It's just, I nearly lost you so many times." He bent down to kiss Zak gently, his eyes sparkling with tears. Darryl unlocked the door, and headed inside to Zak's room, where they filmed an explanation video together.

This version cut out Zak storming out of the house and his memory loss, trying to keep it as simple as possible. When they were done, Zak sat on Darryl's lap whilst he edited the video and uploaded it to both channels. "There," Darryl said, satisfied, "we don't need to worry about uploading for a bit now."

Zak nodded, his eyes heavy. Darryl noticed and shifted him off, getting them some pajamas from his drawers and climbing into bed. Zak followed, getting in beside Darryl, but he seemed wide awake now.

Zak pulled himself up with a bit of effort, moving over Darryl to straddle him. He looked funny in oversized flannel pajamas, Darryl noted, smiling. Zak took this as encouragement, pulling him up to meet his lips. They found their rhythm immediately, dragging out the kiss as long as they could. Zak eventually caved, gasping for air. "Stupid lungs," he growled, playing with Darryl's hair.

"Jealous, baldie?" Darryl teased, flicking his hair dramatically. Zak looked down, crossing his arms across his chest. "What, don't you like it when I tease you?"

"Yeah, but I look stupid," Zak admitted. Darryl laughed and he scowled, trying to clamber back off of him.

Grabbing Zak's waist to keep him from moving away, Darryl explained, "I'm laughing because I'm not used to you being insecure. I couldn't care less if you have hair or not, you're still beautiful."

"Bleurgh, I'm gonna barf," Zak joked, but his cheeks turned red, giving him away.

In the silence that followed, Darryl whispered, "I really don't like Dr. Snow right now..."

"Why?!" Zak demanded. "She was so lovely!"

"Okay, maybe I just don't agree with her instructions then."

"What about her instructions?" Zak felt something hard poking into his arse. "Oh... yeah, that sucks." Suddenly, his pajama bottoms felt too tight. A mischievous glint came into his eye, and he began to rock backwards and forwards on Darryl's lap.

"Zak!" Darryl tried to protest, " You're not meant to..." but he lost his train of thought, inhaling sharply.

"A little bit distracted, are we?" Zak joked, wiggling his hips. Darryl squeaked, turning red. Laughing, Zak sped up, enjoying the feeling himself as well. Darryl's breathing came short and fast, his eyes like saucers. After a few minutes, Zak felt Darryl tense, biting his lip, then fall back onto the pillows with a strangled moan. This tipped him over the edge, and his pajamas got quite sticky. He lay down on top of Darryl's chest, flicking off the light. "I love you," Zak whispered into the darkness.

"I love you too," replied Darryl softly, snaking his arms around Zak. They fell asleep like that, cuddling through the night.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Nadia here! ❤️

First of all, thank you for reading Part 13 of Bashful - Skeppy x BadBoyHalo!

Second of all, if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism, comment down below.

See you in the next part 😊

Instagram: mind_of_nadia
Come for a chat in my DMs :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Awww my heart 💓 Do you think that counts as smut?