Part 32

Closing the door behind them, Darryl pushed Zak against the wall and leaned down so that their lips met. Moving together in soft patterns, their breath mingled as they became more and more dizzy.

"Maybe I shouldn't have had quite as much to drink," Zak giggled, steadying himself as he slung his arms around Darryl's neck.

"It's your own fault, muffin," Darryl sighed, wrapping his arms gently around Zak's waist. Pulling back, Zak tried to pull of his shirt, but firm hands clamped around his. "Maybe not, you're in a worse state than I thought."

"No, I don't care!" Zak whined, trying to break free. Darryl wouldn't let him, no matter how hard he tried. He finally gave up, putting his head on Darryl's chest and grumbling under his breath.

"Don't sulk, you silly muffin," Darryl laughed, pulling his chin up.

"I like muffins," Zak grinned happily back, swaying a little.

"Wow, you really can't hold your drink."

"Shhhh!" He leaned up on his tip toes, kissing him sloppily. Obliging warily, Darryl leant his head down to Zak's level and gently let go of his hands. He immediately yanked his shirt off over his head, moving to take off Darryl's too.

"Stop," Darryl groaned, pulling away. "You're killing me!"

"Well then why won't you give up?"

"Because," he cupped Zak's cheek with his hand, "I'm not going to take advantage of you when you're drunk."

"Why do you have to be so caring? I don't want caring Darryl, I want sex!"

"Too bad," he rolled his eyes, heading to the bathroom to put on his pajamas. He wasn't about to change infront of Zak; it would only encourage him more. When he headed into the bedroom, crawling into bed, he wasn't at all surprised to find Zak naked next to him. "Don't even try it," he warned, "or I'll go sleep on the couch."

"But-"

"No buts."

Zak started giggling uncontrollably. "Y-you said butt!" Shakily pulling himself up, he launched at Darryl, sitting with one leg either side of his body. "I have a butt," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"And so does every other human being on the planet. You can barely speak without slurring your words, and you're in hysterics over childish things. We are not doing this." Darryl gently pushed him back onto his own side of the bed.

To his horror, he heard Zak sniffling quietly. Wrapping his arms around him, he asked, "What's wrong, muffin?"

"Nothing..." Zak turned away, tears leaking from his eyes.

"Come on, you can tell me," Darryl murmured, feeling guilty.

"Do you love me?"

"What? Of course I do!"

Zak tensed, asking in a small voice, "Then why don't you... want me?"

Darryl groaned softly. "I do, Zak. But not while you're not thinking straight."

"But I never think straight when I'm with you," Zak widened his eyes pleadingly.

"As soppy and adorable as that is, I just can't, Zak." Darryl kissed his forehead lightly. "You're making things really hard for me, and I wish you wouldn't. I'm not giving in this time, okay?"

Zak started to argue, but was cut off with his own hiccuping. "Fine," he mumbled, nestling sleepily into Darryl's chest.

Breathing out in relief, Darryl leaned his head on Zak's and relaxed. Closing his eyes, he listened to Zak's steady breathing as he drifted off to sleep.