Part 17

The next morning, Darryl kept Zak even closer to him than before. They got some breakfast in the kitchen, then sat at the table together, talking quietly about Vincent. As if on cue, he swaggered in. Grabbing a chocolate bar from the fridge and a strong coffee, he joined them at the table.

Zak felt a hand rest on his thigh, and he just continued to eat his breakfast, thinking nothing of it. He made small talk with Vincent, avoiding the elephant in the room the best he could. When Vincent started acting a little flirty, he felt a second hand on his leg. Looking worriedly down, he realised that Vincent had been holding his leg under the table for the whole time.

"Dude, can you just stop with this already?!" Zak protested, shoving his hand off.

"You didn't seem to mind for the first ten minutes," Vincent laughed.

"Yeah, well... I thought it was Darryl, okay?" Zak took Darryl's hand under the table, squeezing it.

"Where's the bloody hammer," Darryl muttered, frowning. Zak couldn't tell the difference between him and Vincent - that was upsetting.

Vincent smiled slyly. "So, are we going anywhere fun today?"

"Wait - what? I didn't know we were going out," Darryl glanced at Zak.

"Don't look at me! I thought we were just going to film and hang out for a bit," Zak shrugged nonchalantly.

"Okay, let's film then." Vincent went into his room and grabbed Zak's camera, then set it up facing the living room sofa. Grabbing the Nintendo Switches out of the basket by the television, he beckoned for them to join him.

"Ummm, are you aware that we're still in our pajamas?" Darryl asked, rolling his eyes.

"Oh yeah..." Vincent frowned. "Fine, five minutes." With that, he disappeared to go get changed.

Darryl just looked at Zak in disbelief. Then, deciding it was better to co-operate with Vincent, they went to get dressed and freshen up.

Soon after, they were filming an intensely competitive tournament of Mario Kart together. Every lap was filled with sabotage, catcalling and screwups; nobody could get the hang of this one turn, no matter how hard they tried. Laughing, Vincent threw a red shell at Zak, zooming into first place and winning their Grand Prix.

"So," he smirked smugly, "what's my prize?"

"Oh! I don't know, actually... what do you want?" Zak replied quickly. They really hadn't prepared well for this video, in hindsight.

"Anything?" Vincent winked.

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay! For my prize I'll have a kiss from Zak," he grinned cheekily.

The grin was soon wiped off of his face, though - forcibly. Vincent fell off the couch, clutching his face as blood dripped out of his mouth. "What the fuck, man?" He grunted.

Darryl flexed his fingers, putting an arm around Zak protectively. "I warned you," he hissed.

Zak shrunk into Darryl's arms, shying away from Vincent. "Please, Vincent," he looked pleadingly at him, "don't do this. I don't like you back, and I never will. We can still be friends, but you can't do this."

Vincent hung his head, still clutching his face. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, "I just thought, if you kissed me... you would like me back." He started sniffling, still sitting on the floor. "I feel so confused, with my sexuality and everything. I don't know what I'm doing," he trailed off miserably.

Zak slid out of Darryl's arms and onto the floor next to Vincent. "Hey, it's okay," he soothed, pulling him into a gentle hug. "No hard feelings, right Darryl?"

Sighing, Darryl reluctantly joined them on the floor and patted Vincent's back awkwardly. "We're good, as long as you leave Zak alone," he muttered.

"I'm sure you'll find the right person for you," Zak said brightly, standing up and taking the camera to his computer to download the footage. "I'm gonna go edit this video. You two play nice while I'm gone," he teased, closing the door.

Darryl and Vincent sat in silence for a while, unsure of what to say to each other. Finally Vincent caved, hating the silence. "So I guess you hate me now, huh?"

Darryl turned to face Vincent. "I don't hate you," he admitted, "I'm just very protective of Zak. You played dirty, and your comments really upset him. And of course, you were trying to steal my boyfriend from me, so you're not my favourite person in the world at the moment. But we can put this behind us and start over, if you like."

Vincent smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, I'd like that a lot. I really am sorry."

Darryl shook his head. "It's fine, really! Anyway, we haven't caught up in ages." They started to chat about their lives, finally relaxing.

When Zak was done, he went to grab the others to review the video, but hung back, watching happily as the two talked and laughed together.

"Can you guys watch this?" Zak called, going back to his desk. When they came in, he pressed play and waited for their approval, or for someone to point out any parts that needed changing. When it finished, he turned around to hear the verdict and gasped. "Your mouth!" Zak exclaimed worriedly.

"It's fine," Vincent winked, "I deserved it."

That night, the video went live on all three channels. It finished with Vincent celebrating, cutting to the outro. They had decided to put the evening behind them, and ended the night on good terms - at last...

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Nadia here! ❤️

First of all, thank you for reading Part 17 of Bashful - Skeppy x BadBoyHalo!

Second of all, if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism, comment down below.

See you in the next part 😊

Instagram: mind_of_nadia
Come for a chat in my DMs :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Yay, the muffins made up with each other! 🎉