6. Switch

Man, this is getting a bit more attention than I actually thought it would get. Yay! ^^ Anyways you guys know the drill for this. Trigger warning (most likely), enjoy and thanks for reading!

~~~~~

Nothing. The room was filled with nothing. It was a simple room, but to Izuku, this was all he could start to think about.

No sounds, no movements, no different color in the room; just white walls surrounded him.

Izuku lay down on the ground. His eyes stared blankly at nothing. He felt as if he was blind to his surroundings.

He had spent so much time in that white room, he could swear Shigaraki left him in there for days at a time. It was to the point where he couldn't even remember how many days it had been since he was kidnapped.

All Shigaraki told him to do was sit in there for as long as he left him. He couldn't speak out loud or try to make any noise.

Izuku at first liked this treatment instead of getting burned, cut, stabbed, kicked, or pummeled. However, he soon found out being in a room all alone for so long could start to turn into a nightmare.

What day is it again? He thought as he turned his head, only to face another white wall. Why am I here?

Am I dead?

Too many questions left unanswered and too many blurry memories would eventually end up clouding someone's mind. This is what happened to Izuku.

He had tried before trying to find a way out, something to distract him from the isolated feeling of being here. Nothing worked for very long. He was still left alone with nothing do help him feel better.

Izuku felt his heartbeat accelerate. His body tensed, this unusual pain in his chest rising. He sat up as his breathing got heavy and fast. He held back the urge to whimper and cry so he wouldn't get in trouble.

His dim green eyes darted around the room while he started to shake and pant.

This was a casual occurence once in a while when he was put in the white room. Izuku started having panic attacks when left too long in the room. He was more and more desperate to get out of there.

He looked at his arm which was still bruised from being broken. It was healing, but it still hurt to be used. There was a blunt stab wound near his wrist. It was dried up and beginning to heal as well, but soon it wouldn't be.

Izuku looked at himself and grit his teeth. He covered the wound with his other hand, closing his eyes and whimpering quietly. He couldn't even tell how desperate he was actually being. He didn't even notice bits of his sanity were deteriorating when he was trapped there.

Izuku put more pressure on the wound with his fingers. His denailed fingers burned with this, but he didn't care. His panting got shorter and faster as he did this, starting to tear into the drying wound.

I need this. I can't stand this anymore!! The white walls, the sound of nothing, it's nothing but torture!

Izuku managed to scratch into the stab wound, opening it and making it spill blood. A sharp and pained gasp came out of his mouth as he bled.

Now the color red stained the white floor as droplets spilled from his arm. Izuku looked down at it and his breathing got steady. Red. Now there's red.

Izuku looked at his hand, now tainted with the scarlet color of blood. A small grin formed on his lips. The pain didn't even bother him now. The room wasn't bland anymore.

What has this come down to? A few drops of blood? I don't care! I'm still alive, right? It's worth it, right??

This sense of relief was the only thing Izuku could cling to. Even if he did have to hurt himself to earn it, it was what he could do to keep his sanity. At least, that's what he thought.