17. Not The Same

Hey guys! Happy New Year! I hope you had a great holiday and a merry Christmas! My New Year's resolution is to write more often and more consistently! Again, I am sorry for the very late update. I lost motivation after a bit. But I will finish this fanfic for you guys! I hope that comes true XD Hope you're having a great January!
Meanwhile, enjoy this chapter and have a great new year!

~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of laughter echoed just after the school bell rang, dismissing all the classes for the day. Kids dispersed eagerly out of the building, talking to their friends and walking back to their homes.

Everyone seemed to be oblivious to what went down in one specific classroom.

Izuku Midoriya fell back into some desks. He yelped as he hit the floor, his backpack opening up and spilling paper everywhere.

He tried to stand up, but a foot stepped on his side to pin him down.

"Come on, already! Get up, Deku! You weren't hit that bad." Katsuki Bakugou smirked as he lifted his foot momentarily, only to let Izuku get on his hands and knees. "Don't be a damn wuss," he growled. "If you're so upset, then fight back!" He kicked the boy back then looked at the two boys at his sides.

"Oh, wait, Katsuki! He can't!!" One boy hollered as he cackled.

The other teased. "Because Izuku doesn't have a quirk to fight back with."

Izuku wiped his bloody nose while he struggled to keep the tears in. He knew whenever he started to cry, it only encouraged Bakugou more.

Bakugou marched up to him. "Oh, yeah. Looks like you're out of luck, Deku!" He said before picking the boy up by his shirt collar and chuckling menacingly.

Izuku whimpered. "K-Kacchan, please! I didn't mean t-to..." He frowned. "I would never try to beat you. I-I could never!"

"Are you really sure about that? It didn't seem like it today." Bakugou responded then glanced back. "Get 'im."

The two boys on the side rushed to Izuku, grabbing his arms and holding him still. Izuku struggled and shook his head. "I'm sorry! I-I was just having a really great day today! I didn't mean to insult you..." His voice broke and the tears came. The look of fear filled his eyes as he flinched.

Bakugou scowled at his helpless pleading. "Oh great, here come the water works." Small explosions crackled at his palms. "Crying won't get you out of this mess now, Deku!" He punched Izuku in the face, earning a cry of pain.

"Maybe if you weren't so weak, you'd be a little more fun to pick on." Bakugou glared at him. "Don't be so pathetic!" He struck him again.

Izuku yelped and coughed. He writhed around to try to escape, but his struggles were in vain. He looked at Bakugou once more with his look of brokenness and fear.

That was so long ago...

Somehow, now, that look was gone. Now, it was replaced with a mad look, filled with insanity.

"D-Deku?" The words came out of Bakugou's mouth before he could still process it all.

Here was the boy who was always helpless and weak, back after such a long time. He was so different from what he looked like before.