13. Mistake

Hello readers! Sorry for the late update! I've been working on a few unannounced projects and I got sick for a few days so I missed a lot of school. I'm catching up slowly but I also wanted to catch up on the new update for this fanfic. Please enjoy and tell me whatcha think!

~~~~~~~~~~

UA High had never been so alarmed by the recent news that two of their students were attacked by a dangerous new villain. The campus was locked down because of aggressive news reporters and only students and teachers were allowed in.

Class 1-A was swarming with questions at Ejiro Kirishima and Denki Kaminari, who were in their recovering states, trying to answer as best they could. The question they seemed to be getting the most was: Is Midoriya still alive?

Bakugou just watched, scoffing at the students and glaring down at nothing.

Denki shook his head slowly. "No. We don't really know what happened to him. He only attacked us once!"

That's when one of the Class Reps, Momo Yaoyorozu, got everyone to back away from the two students in bandages and gauze pads. "Guys, please! Kaminari and Kirishima have been asked these questions multiple times already."

Kaminari spoke up, "Actually, I'm okay with- ah!" He winced as he looked at Kirishima, who jabbed him in the side where he was injured.

Momo went on. "All of us are concerned for them and what they went through. And yes, we want to know everything about what happened to our classmate, Izuku Midoriya," she looked down and mumbled to herself. "I want to know too..." She picked up her head. "But we must let the pros and the officials do their job as last time and hopefully, we can get answers. Why don't we switch subjects?"

The door opened, and a short brunette dashed through it, shutting it behind her. Ochaco Uraraka's face was pale as she held her pencil in one hand. Her short brown hair was slightly disheveled and her figure shaking.

Everyone turned to see her, with curious and some puzzled expressions.

"What...happened...to Deku?" Ochaco panted out, her voice breaking. She hadn't been very good since her dear friend had gone. She was sometimes absent from school, and when she did go, she looked a little tired or upset.

Momo sighed. "Go ahead, Ochaco." She stepped to the side.

Kaminari and Kirishima looked at each other curiously.

Ochaco walked up to them. "Was he really there? Was he actually the one...who attacked you?"

The red head nodded slowly. "Yeah..." He looked sullen by the thought.

She sniffed and asked. "D-does that mean he isn't coming back any time soon?"

He shook his head no. "We don't know much else."

Ochaco struggled to fight back tears as she nodded and turned, walking to her desk. She didn't want to cry again in front of everyone.

The thought of Izuku trying to hurt someone was so foreign to her, as it was to everyone. What could explain that sudden switch from good to seemingly evil?

No, of course there's a way Deku could be a villain. He always told me he wanted to be a hero and save people. Something's wrong here.

Ochaco was convinced something else was going on. She couldn't believe that easily that her friend just changed like that.

There had to be something else to it, right?

...

Pro Heroes were investigating the most recent event of a new 'villain' and where he came from. After hearing from the victims that he was the same boy that went missing, some believed he was corrupted or influenced by someone to turn away from good. Others believed it was fake and the two just looked similar.