Teen Titans 1

Red X had robbed another jewelry store and the Titans were chasing him. Cornering him in an alley with a malfunctioning belt, the Titans begin to advance to take him in.

"Well, well. Looks like the Golden Boy finally caught me," Red X taunted, stopping Robin cold.

"No..." breathed Robin. "No you're- you're supposed to be dead." Confused the Titans looked from their leader to the anti-hero, trying to figure out how they know each other.

"You know him?" asks Beast Boy.

"Why wouldn't I? I mean, he is only the leader of the famous superhero team," replied Red X.

"How can you be alive, Jay?" Robin asked desperate, "I watched as that building exploded. I searched the wreckage myself." The Titans were surprised by the shear desperation in their leader's voice. They could tell Robin was ready to bolt.

"Ever heard of the Lazarus Pits, bro? And apparently you didn't look hard enough," Red X laughed, "Was the good old Bat searching with you? Ever thought that he would lie to you? That maybe, he found me but was too ashamed to tell you he found his youngest son beaten and broken!?"

"No... Please, this can't be real. I, I can't believe I let you down again..." Robin was starting to back away. Red X could hear the tears in Robin's voice, the shame and despair that he let his little brother down without even knowing it.

"O, it's real. And you can't see how horrible our father is. I don't blame you, for what happened to me. The only people that are to blame are the Joker and Batman." Red X walked up to Robin while he was talking. When he was only a few feet in front of Robin he reached up and pulled his mask off revealing the face of a young man obscured by a familiar domino mask.

Still having trouble believing that he wasn't dreaming Robin reached forward and rested his hands on both sides of Red X's face before pulling him into a hug. Red X was the only one in the alley to hear his brother's sobs.

After a few minutes of hugging the brothers separated but didn't move out of arms reach of each other. When Robin turned around to face his team, they were shocked by the tears running down his face.

"Titans, I'd like you to meet my brother, the Second Robin."