Kickin It 1

After China Kai and Jack make up because Jack's parents were not going to deal with the two constantly fighting when Kai was sent by his parents to live with Jack to get them to get along. Jerry and Jack were basically brothers and Jerry ended up forgiving Kai as well and the three of them became really close.

Jack and Kai were practicing in the park one morning and they were jumped by a group of Black Dragons with Carson at the lead. While half the group kept Kai away from Jack Carson and his group began to overwhelm Jack. Carson had his weighted bo-staff and started hitting Jack with it and gave him a few bruises. The group had hurt them enough that Jack couldn't get up and Kai was just barely able to sit up enough to get his phone and call his aunt to pick them up.

A few hours after they got home the others showed up to check on Jack not knowing that Kai was living with him. Jack's mom led the group to Kai's room where Jack was sleeping on top of Kai. They also noticed that all the Black Dragon merchandise besides the trophies and belts were trashed and shoved into a corner.

Not even blinking Jerry pushed his way forward out of the shocked group in the doorway and carefully flopped down on the bed next to Jack's body without disturbing him. Kai acted as if it was completely normal and nodded to him. Since Jack and Jerry hung out a lot Jerry eventually warmed up to Kai after he saw that the two were getting along and were over what happened in China.

"So, rough day at training?" Jerry asked voice softer due to the sleeping form next to him.

"Yeah, you could say that. Except that it happened after we were done and it was the Black Dragons that jumped us. Carson had his stupid weighted staff and like half the dojo was keeping me from Jack." Kai sounded frustrated and angry on Jack's behalf because, come on; Jack would only want to retaliate as soon as he found out that Kai was hurt too.