04

PARTY GONE WRONG

----------

"NO."

Andy's face dropped. A wave of anger bubbled up inside of her ready to burst. She had just asked her dad if she could go to Steve's get together tonight and without spending one second to even consider he answered. No.

"What?"

"No." He repeated, flumped in his armchair holding a lit cigarette between his fingers. "You don't understand that word?"

Andy scoffed, hands on her hips and eyebrows raised. "Are you kidding me?"

"No."

That damn word. It was too much to handle. She had been through hell the last week but somehow managed to keep it together, but now she had reached the edge. Her father was the one forcing her to go to school, she didn't want to, but now he wouldn't even allow her to make friends. Finally the fire she was holding in be released. "You're being an asshole." She spat.

Hopper's jaw clenched and he felt the same bubbling anger his daughter was feeling grow. "You watch your damn language, kid."

She titled her head and looked him dead in the eyes, a bitter facade crossing her face. "So now you wanna act like a parent? Well, it's a bit late for that, Dad." Andy spat the last word, a sharpness leaving her tongue neither of them had expected.

Hopper leaned forward in his seat, extending a hand forwards that pointed his cigarette at Andy. "Calm the hell down." He said slowly and sternly, pushing Andy over the edge. She didn't just feel the anger anymore, but the tears. It was a deep drop down.

She wiped hard at her eyes, trying to stop the tears from spilling onto her cheeks. There was no way she was going to let her ignorant father see her cry. She span on her heel and stormed off towards the bedroom she despised and slammed the door shut.

She fell onto the bed face first, the pillow muffling her cries.

This wasn't Andy. She was changing into someone she wasn't sure she liked. Someone who was angry and bitter. But he was being unreasonable. End of. It wasn't even a real party, but even so, she should be allowed to go she thought. All teenagers go out and it's especially important when they're the new kid. She was so wrong about not wanting to make friends, that's exactly what she wanted. Sure, Andy definitely didn't want to be friends with Steve Harrington or his other goons but Nancy and Barb, yeah that could be good for her.

Lifting her head from the pillow  the first thing she sees is the window. Ding. A light bulb moment. It was certainly big enough to climb through and the one good thing about this lousy trailer was that it wouldn't be a large dropdown to the ground.

So, that night Andy committed her first act of deviance and it wouldn't be her last.

**