34

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

----------

ONE MONTH LATER

WITH A TWIST OF HER HAND, Andy finished applying the glittery pink shadow to the lid of Eleven's eye. She pulled away to inspect but ultimately admire her work. It was imperative she did a good job since tonight was the night of the snowball dance and Eleven would be attending with Mike. Andy had curled Eleven's short hair and smoothed the front of it back behind her ears, the way she liked it but with a girly touch Andy had added.

She placed her hands on her El's shoulder, guiding her towards the mirror to show her off. "Do you like it?" She asked, but her sister's face already told her the answer. She looked at her reflection in delight. "Yes. I love it." She answered with a beaming smile.

"Good, now let me get the dress." Andy squealed. In many ways, she was arguably more excited about the night than Eleven was. She ran out of the room towards her own, speeding past Hopper who lounged in his chair watching television and drinking beer. Somethings would never change.

Grabbing the dress from her wardrobe, she hid it behind her back before entering back into the younger girl's bedroom. Eleven looked up at Andy with excited eager eyes. "Show me, show me!" She chanted.

Andy pulled the dress out from behind her back and instantly Eleven's face lit up. It was pale blue with pink polka dots and trimmings, and a belt to go around the waist. Andy had gone all the way two towns over to find it and searched for hours. She had, of course, recruited Steve to help her. Since he was now her official boyfriend he had been promoted to her driver over Jonathan, which Jonathan couldn't deny being thankful about. Although, the two best friends did still spend time together, share music and then obviously argue about it. Again, somethings would never change.

In awe of her dress, Eleven stepped forward and took the material between her fingers. "Pretty." She whispered. She couldn't believe she was lucky enough to wear something so lovely and look so lovely herself. She practically erupted in glee. "Let me put it on!"

"Okay," Andy laughed, letting her take the dress. "Shout me when you're done."

Andy stepped out of the room, shutting the door behind her. She waited for Eleven to get changed, pouncing on the balls of her feet in anticipation. She looked to see what her father was watching on the T.V. An old western film, typical.

"I'm done." Eleven called from inside, drawing Andy's attention away from the screen. With no hesitation, she burst back into the room and instantly stopped in her tracks at the sight of Eleven. Her heart swelled in delight and eyes quickly filled with happy tears.

"Oh, El." She cooed. "You look so beautiful."

"Promise?" The young girl said, even though she herself had almost cried in happiness at her appearance, but wanted reassurance from whom she thought was the most beautiful girl in the world. Her big sister.