07

AN UNLIKELY TEAM

PART 2

----------

----------

ANDY HOPPER WAS CERTAIN SHE HAD GONE INSANE. Completely lost her mind. Or maybe she had fallen and hit her head, knocking all the common sense out of it. Either way, there was no other reasonable explanation as to why she was running after Steve Harrington in the corridor of her high school.

"Hurry up, Hopper. I'm not waiting around for your slow ass."

Don't hit him. Don't hit him. She repeated in her head.

Outside the school, Steve leaned against the hood of his burgundy BMW 733i. Of course, Andy thought to herself, of course, he had that car. It was just as pretentious as he was.

"You're a real cliche." She mocked.

"Just get in the car please."

She opened the door and slid into the passenger seat. Hmm, it was quite nice actually. The fabric of the seat comfortable underneath her and a fancy music system to her front. She wanted to put something on but knew they were meant to be keeping a low profile and wasn't sure she was ready to exposure her music taste to the boy yet.

"Quick, look, there they are!" Andy shouted, pointing to Jonathan's rather crappy car that was pulling out the school parking lot. "Go!"

Steve slammed his foot down on the accelerator sending the car and Andy flying forward. She extended her hands quickly to stop herself crashing into the glove compartment. "Yup, thanks for that."

They followed Jonathan's car for a couple of blocks, taking the same turns and directions, but always keeping two or three cars behind in order to go unnoticed.

It seemed they were driving around quite aimlessly, or maybe they were lost. Andy and Steve couldn't decide, but it certainly added to their suspicion.

Driving down Hawkins high street, something of much more excitement caught Steve's eye.

"Is that Rick Tillman with Claire Cooper!?" Steve exclaimed, hanging out the window of his car and eyeballing the couple who walked hand in hand down the road.

"Who?" Andy queried. She leaned over the space in the middle of the car, to be equally as nosy as Steve was.

"What is she doing with him? He's such a dork." Steve muttered, causing Andy to roll her eyes. There was more to someone than their popularity status but Steve clearly didn't care about that.

The two of them turned back to face the road, but to their horror, there were no longer any cars in front of them. "What!?" They both yelled in sync.