20

THE NEW NORMAL

PART 1

----------

----------

324 DAYS LATER

ANDY'S FAST-MOVING FEET CLICKED AGAINST THE CONCRETE PATH AS SHE RAN TOWARDS THE POLICE STATION, clutching a plastic tupperware container in her hands. Her hair flew out behind her and she panted in and out erratically trying to regain her breath. She had just about made it to the entrance when a man blocked her path. The top of his head was almost completely bald, but he still had jet black hair on the sides and a full thick beard. Upon his nose sat large orange-tinted glasses.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" The man spoke slowly, eyeing Andy suspiciously. "Andy Hopper I see... Interesting."

Andy furrowed her brows, not recoginsing him. Even though he wore a smart suit and tie he still had a certain look of crazy about him. "Do I know you?" She asked with a twinge of sass in her voice.

"No." He answered, the look of skepticism still on his face. "But I know you."

Behind the man emerged Hopper, fully dressed in agitation and uniform. "Leave the girl alone, Murray." He grumbled, lightly moving him to the side. "Jim, we just need to talk.", the man Andy now knew to be called Murray pleaded.

Andy shuffled past the man and into the station. Hopper let the door go, it practically swinging back to almost hit Murray in the face. Andy shuddered, trying to shake off the weird encounter but the man followed them both through the door. "I think you will really wanna hear this."

"Get away from me." Hopper grumbled, pulling Andy behind him away from Murray who pursued his mission. He was persistent, Andy would give him that. "Trust me. I only want five minutes."

"Yeah, and I want a date with Bo Derek. We all want things." Hopper muttered, still completely done with Murray's bothering. Andy cringed at the thought of her father with a woman. It was enough to make her wish deaf and blindness upon herself.

"Do you know what I want?" She perked up, pulling her arm out of her dad's grasp. "To leave."

From behind his desk, Officer Callahan scoffed. "I would like that too." He agreed before changing the subject. "Got any proof on your butt-probin' aliens yet, Murray?"

Andy turned to face Callahan disgusted at his comment. "You are so gross."

He threw his hands in the air in annoyance at Andy's remark. The seventeen-year-old girl brought a lot of irritation to his life. Hopper rolled his eyes at his daughter's and officer's bickering. "Go to school, Andy."