30

RUN

----------

----------

ANDY WAS LOST IN CHAOS. Red lights went off above her and all she could hear was a spine-chilling mixture between of sirens, gunshots, and high-pitched screams. She didn't know where she was going, running around the lab like a maze, hoping she would bump into her dad or any of the others. People barged into her as they darted past Andy in the opposite direction, sending her stumbling backward.

Hopper shouted for his daughter as he carried Will's unconscious body over his shoulder, trying to lead them all to safety, but desperately needing to find his daughter. Andy ran behind a scientist, hoping somehow the man would lead her to somewhere safe, but out of nowhere a huge lizard-like creature pounced on him. Andy screamed in terror, screeching to a stop. The monster looked like a Demogorgon, but smaller on all fours, and suddenly Dustin's words made sense. Demodog. It ripped out the intestines of the scientist, knawing on them furiously and making Andy's stomach clench.

The man's limp head rolled to face her. Blood dripped from his mouth and spurted out from all over his body. Andy's eyes burned with hot tears as she chocked backed sobs. "Help me, please." He begged, extending a bloodied hand towards her.

Andy stood for a few seconds desperately wanting to do something, but she shook her head. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She croaked out, before turning on her heel and running. Adrenaline pounded through her, she needed to get to safety. It was too late for him. She raced around the corner and finally saw something that made her feel relieved.

Hopper bundled Will into Bob's arms and bounded over to his daughter. He grabbed Andy's hand, pulling her to the open door where the others took refuge. He slammed the door shut behind them and then wrapped his arms tight around Andy. He'd been doing that a lot recently, but this time he really had thought he'd lost her. "You're never leaving my side again." He mumbled into the top of her head. He was half-joking, half not, but either way, Andy agreed. "Never again."

They pulled away, confused at what everyone else was staring at horrified until their gazes turned to a number of screens lining the wall. Cameras monitored every inch of the lab, showing the scenes on the TVs in the room they were in. Every hallway and corridor was filled with Demodogs. People being eating alive or ones already stonecold dead. As they looked from screen to screen, the lights started to flicker before plunging into darkness. And it wasn't just their room that succumbed to the pitch black, but every single one in the entire lab. The place was on shutdown.

Locked securely in the room, they huddled around Dr. Owens, who had a map of the laboratory that showed all their possible escape routes. Andy's stomach felt as if it was doing somersaults and her heart hammered in her chest. Outside the door the sound of the Demodogs growls could be heard. They were prey waiting to be attacked if they didn't find a way out of the lab and fast.