09

YOU MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE

---------

IT TURNED OUT ANDY AND STEVE HAD VERY DIFFERENT IDEAS OF WHAT AN ADVENTURE MEANT.

Steve had heard from someone, Andy wasn't really paying attention to who, that Jonathan and Nancy had been seen heading towards the woods together. The plan was to try and find them and then spy on them. It was ridiculous. Completely juvenile and stupid, yet Andy found herself wanting to go along with it. It wasn't because she cared about what Nancy and Jonathan were up to, but because she wanted to be in Steve's company. She scorned herself for that.

But then the heavens opened.

On the drive over in Steve's car, the rain splattered against the windows with great force and both decided they didn't want to be trekking round the woods in it. Steve didn't want to ruin his hair, Andy just didn't want to be cold and wet.

The new plan was to go to Steve's house and well, replan.

Andy knew they were some sort of a team. Absurd, a bit crap at what they were doing and foolish, but a team nonetheless. And being in a team meant sharing all they knew with one another. But as Andy followed Steve into his house, she decided she wouldn't tell him all the new information she had found out. Maybe Steve wasn't as bad as he seemed, but he undoubtedly wouldn't be able to cope with all the strange happenings. Bad people were after Eleven and Andy couldn't risk them getting any closer.

Steve hadn't told Andy the entire truth either. He knew Nancy and Jonathon had been together. He had seen it with his own eyes with Carol and Tommy. But the only way to keep their unusual friendship alive was to carry on playing detective.

Andy remembered Steve's house from the party. Gorgeous, yet bleak. His parents weren't home. Andy wondered how often they ever were.

They walked into the sitting room. Steve lazily pointed to an expensive-looking record player, while he fiddled with glass bottles at the home bar. "You can put some music on or something."

Andy nodded and walked over to the record player. It was much nicer than the one she had in her own house. She flicked through all the records and her attention fell onto one immediately making her need to suppress a giggle.

She placed the vinyl onto the player and moved the needle onto it. Much to her amusement 'You Make My Dreams' by Hall and Oates came blaring out. It was a big hit a few years ago and was one of those songs that would always make you laugh.

Andy turned to face Steve with a smirk. He looked back at her with a raised eyebrow. "Really?"

"It's a classic!"

Andy reached for the volume and turned it up as high as it could go. She threw her hands up into the air and began to dance. She spun, clicked and jumped in time to the music madly as if she had no cares in the world.