25

SCREAM AND SHOUT

----------

BY THE TIME THEY HAD FINISHED at the middle school, it was dark and late. Too late. Andy had been expected home an hour ago and she dreaded to think how worried or angry Hopper would be. When Will came out of his trance he was shaken, but okay. Apparently, it had been the second episode in two days and much worse than the previous ones. Something was definitely wrong, but they didn't know what yet. The kids had gone home and now Andy was finally doing the same.

After trekking through the crisp leaves and sticks she made it to the cabin with a sigh of relief. She was glad to finally be away from the darkness and cold, stepping over the tripwire carefully. She made her way up to the steps of the porch and went to do the secret knock, but when her fist hit the wooden door it moved open on its own. This was weird. They were all so cautious of ensuring it was locked properly.

Andy carefully walked in, fearing the worst had happened and they'd been found out, but when she entered she saw her Dad and Eleven staring heatedly at each other.

"What's going on?" She asked, turning round to lock the door properly as it hadn't been before. The least she could do was make sure they were safe now.

"Why don't you ask her." Hopper scoffed, pointing angrily to Eleven whose face crinkled in shook. "She decided to take a little field trip outside the cabin and halfway across town."

Andy turned to face Eleven, face faltering in disbelief. She couldn't believe El would do that. Put them and herself in so much danger. The younger girl's jaw clenched and she marched into her room.

"Where'd you go? Did you go see Mike?" Hopper demanded, storming after Eleven. He caught the door that was about to be slammed in his hand and forced it open. Andy moved next to him standing in the doorway.

Eleven tugged her jacket off then wiped her sniffling nose with her sleeve that dripped from the cold outside. "He didn't see me."

That meant Eleven had been in the middle school at the same time as Andy and Andy had no idea. She cursed herself for not being aware and doing something to possibly stop this, but more she cursed Eleven for being near her and not asking for help.

"Yeah, well, that mother and her daughter did and they called the cops." Hopper stood further into the room and Andy shuffled forward, standing in the doorway alone. "Now, did anyone else see you? Anyone at all?"

Eleven stared at Jim hard, not speaking. Andy didn't know whether she was thinking or just ignoring him. "Please, El." She spoke up, making the girl look to her instead. "You need to think, this is serious."

"Nobody saw me!" She spat harshly, taking Andy by surprise at the sudden outburst. She hadn't expected her to be mad at her too, but Eleven was too blindsided by her rage and desire to see Mike. She despised how the older girl could see him whenever she wanted and that she couldn't despite how much she wanted to.