16

THE JOURNEY BACK AGAIN

----------

ANDY'S SCUFFED AND DIRTY WHITE CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR CONVERSE scraped up the dirt and snow leading to the old and rundown brown trailer, that if you didn't know otherwise, would think was abandoned. She admired it.

You wouldn't know it was Christmas time at all if it wasn't for that snow though. There were no pretty lights, no festive decorations or tree. No sign of merriment and glee. Not that she had expected any, but it would have been nice.

She climbed the few wooden steps leading to the door, still fearful that they were just going to fall away underneath her. Tentatively and definitely a little scared she raised her fist and knocked on the door. From the other side came a loud groan followed by a thump. The banging of heavy footsteps continued all the way the door until it swung open.

Andy was faced with a man. A large man with an unshaven face and a stomach that suggested he still ate way too much junk food. Maybe it was full of mince pies. He wore a light brown, almost beige, police chief uniform that held a gun around his waist. He looked down at her with an expression she could entirely make out. Shocked, confused, but the happiest he had ever been.

"Hi, Dad."

"A-Andy?" He stuttered, not believing his eyes. The last thing he expected to see that morning was his teenage daughter standing at his door surrounded by bags. It was a Christmas miracle.

Tears formed in her eyes and her soft voice came out shaky. "Can I stay here? For good?"

Without any hesitation, he pulled her tightly into his arms. That was the only answer she needed.

A.N

I'm sorry these last chapters have been super short but they were essential to moving the story along and I didn't feel like they fitted well being in the same chapter. I love this chapter cause its a parallel to the first-ever chapter and ngl I think it's pretty cool and emotional. Hopefully you noticed and enjoyed it!

Lola 

x