5

The entire class was filled with 'Poor Jacob's' and 'Poor Mel'. Of course, the one thing Logan could not stop hearing was 'Oh my goodness, poor Roman. He's lost another love. He must be breaking so badly right now.' Logan wanted to scream. Roman wasn't breaking, he was pissed. Sure he was broken-hearted but that was what killed Jacob, not a stupid car crash.

Logan was struggling to pay attention when everyone else around him was so focused on playing a sad violin for his friend. Don't get him wrong. Logan felt horribly for Roman. His heart was broken once again and that is not something anyone handles well. On top of that there comes a time when you have to decide for yourself how far your willing to go for your family. Roman is as close as a family as Logan has. If it wasn't clear Logan chose to stay with Roman regardless of who he is. Now was not the time to start 'hating' the man. Logan didn't hate him. He cared about him like a brother. What he hated was how much Roman suffered his heartbreak. And how many bodies they all left behind in new york without a single second thought...

All this thinking was pointless anyway. He should be focused on his schoolwork, not this drama. Of course, the drama only happened because Roman was unable to pace himself properly. He got too attached to fast and let his jealousy and anger get the better of him. Like always...

The methods didn't even do anything to help him handle everything. Logan has learned long ago that Roman is incapable of handling it. The methods simply make it less messy and easier to stage. Roman was right, however. Given his lack of mental stability... in the moment of such heartbreak, he would not be able to think rationally to decide on a less... aggressive response. 

That meant Logan had to go back to researching...

"Sorry but I'm afraid this is an advanced placement class." Logan narrowed his eyes as snapped out of his thoughts to find a new face standing there in the front of everyone. The teacher stood there at the board with his arms crossed clearly judging the boy before him. "If you're looking for Mr. Aarons class..." The room filled with snickering and I groaned. Mr. Aaron was the special ed class instructor. Basically the teacher just... Logan was already down with today and people in general. The boy simply smirked as he handed over this letter, his cold and calculating purple eyes scanning the room as the teacher raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm sorry but what..."

"The names Virgil Graves. Your newest addition to this cesspool of inflated ego and undeserved superiority based solely on intellect and if any of you nerds had any actual sexual advances. Considering the fact that I can literally feel my IQ dropping just standing here, I'll dumb it down a bit." The boy crossed his arms smirking deviously as the teacher fumed. "You're stuck with me till the end of the year. Let's hope you're better at your job than are at insults. Mr. Aarons... He's the special ed teacher right? I met him. He's actually pretty nice. Maybe you could learn a few things from his class?"

Logan could see the teacher was angry by the way he clutched the paper crinkling it up. He didn't even bother responding. He just pointed over at Logan who had an empty seat beside him. The boy threw back a peace sign before making his way over and plopping down into his new seat. He chuckled a bit to himself seeing how upset he got the teacher.

"Serves him right." Virgil whispered to himself as the teacher turned back to the board. "Maybe you shouldn't judge by appearance." Logan shook his head trying to stay focused when Virgil glanced over with a raised eyebrow. "What's your problem specs?"

"The name is Logan Reynolds, not... 'Specs'." Virgil just laughed clearly making the teacher even more frustrated.

"You're missing a 5 there teach. Would you like some help? This math is pretty advanced." Virgil called out mockingly holding his hand up and making the class giggle. "No? Ok never mind... Oh and that's should 15 unless I am mistak..."

"Thank you very much, Virgil." The venom in the teacher's voice was palpable and all Virgil did was shrug letting his hand fall.

"You're very welcome... oh and class is over." The teacher paused for only a moment before the bell rang signaling everyone to leave. Virgil just laughed as he got up. "So your names Logan right." Logan nodded unsure as to why they were even talking. "Nice to meet you. Patton will kill me if I didn't at least make one friend today."

"Wait, excuse me but I never agreed to be on friendly terms." Logan stood there stunned and confused as Virgil just laughed.

"Good cuz I never actually said we were. Just that Patton wanted me to. See ya, Specs."