15

Roman was antsy. Virgil hadn't been to art or music and he didn't know what was going on. Was Virgil hurt that badly? Was he sent home? Where was he? Roman was holding on by a thread, to say the least. Lydia was in their art and drama class and he was being clingy. Many time Roman nearly snapped but he held his cool, barely but still it was a victory for him.

Roman was currently being ushered about the stage when Lydia once again tried her shit. Some people just don't learn. Right now, Lydia, had her arm draped over Roman's shoulder as he stood in front of the mirror trying on his Prince costume.

"I think they should make the outfit white." Roman frowned as he looked himself over. Lydia walked out in front of him fixing up the white sash and details. Her face was etched with concentration as she worked at smoothing everything down. "A white outfit with red maybe?" Roman laughed as he posed a bit. She only smiled.

"True, red is my color." Roman smiled as he crossed his arms. "However black looks good too, don't you think?"

"You look good in everything, Roman." The way she said that he could practically hear the 'or nothing' that was implied. Roman was about to say something when the auditorium doors opened catching Roman's immediate attention. 

Virgil was just standing there staring at the mess before him until his eyes caught on to Roman and that bitch from before. The way she had her hand on Roman's arm was enough to make his blood light aflame. He clenched his fists as he slowly made his way down the aisle, handing the teacher his note from the nurse. Apparently Virgil had down enough damage for the nurse to go on this class long spiel about self-harm, even though that wasn't what had happened. Regardless she made him sit there and listen to it all only after she did everything she could to make sure his hand was ok. It didn't need stitches but he couldn't do much with it. He had to take it easy.

"Roman!" Virgil choked back the growl as Lydia literally forced Roman to look back at her. If she didn't watch herself... "You're not listening to me again!"

"We're you even talking?" Roman whispered as his eyes slowly went back to Virgil who was taking a seat in the first row. Roman could see the bandages on Virgil's hand and he wanted to scream. He had been in the nurses for that long? 

"Roman. It's like you don't even care." That's because he doesn't care. Lydia gripped Roman's wrist a bit tighter than she should have but Roman made no reaction. "You just keep staring at that freak." Calm down Roman... calm down. The princely man bit his tongue hoping to hold himself back as Lydia glared at him. "Why?"

"First off. I am not interested in women." Lydia's eyes went wide as Roman tore his wrist out of her grip. "Not in the slightest, so if you're trying for that it won't happen. Secondly, he's my friend so why does it matter." Roman crossed his arms as he watched the rage fill her eyes. "Thirdly, Virgil was right. Your ego does not precedence over my grief. I lost my boyfriend not that long ago..."

"Except your not grieving." Roman tensed as Lydia sneered at him. "Are you?"

"Hey, bitch!" Roman froze up completely as an arm wrapped around Romans neck loosely. His nerves were set alight at the mere touch. Roman shot a glance over to see Virgil smirking at Lydia with this glint in his eyes. "I thought we went over this before."

"You should really learn to mind your own business you fucking freakazoid." There was a flash in Virgil's eyes as he removed his arm away from Roman. He stuffed his hands into his jean pockets as he took a step closer to the girl. 

"Freak? Really?" Roman's eyes widened a tad hearing the shake in the other's voice. So that was what set Virgil off at lunch. "You can't think of something more creative?"

"Why would I do that when Freak somes you up perfectly?" Virgil clenched his fists in his jean pockets as his eyes darted about. His gaze met Roman's for only a second before spotting a man in the way back. Patton... good. "I'll call you whatever the fuck I want."

"You really shouldn't do that, you know?" Virgil whispered before stepping back with a frown. "You might set off a panic." Roman cringed as Virgil intentionally set that loud enough for others to hear... or well for someone in particular to hear.

"Kiddo?" Virgil didn't move as Patton walked over-worried and confused. "Is everything ok?"

"I see. The freak was calling for back..."

"I suggest you stop calling him that." Patton frowned as he rubbed Virgil's back a bit catching Roman's eyes with this serious look.

"Seriously Lydia. Go away. I already told you it's never going to happen." Lydia grabbed Roman's arm roughly and Roman couldn't miss the way Virgil growled. Neither did Lydia who froze up at the animalistic sound. 

"Let go of him." Roman smiled slightly as Virgil walked over grabbing her wrist with a look that clearly said try me, bitch. "Let go."

"I don't have to listen to..."

"You do have to listen to me though, Miss Green." Lydias eyes went wide as she looked behind her to see the teacher staring down at her. "With everything that's been going on don't you think it's a little selfish to be doing all this?"

"Sorry, Mr. Sanders." The one thing Virgil loved about this class. His favorite teacher taught it. Mr. Sanders... He taught his art and drama class. Lydia, however, didn't like it. Mr. Sanders clearly played favorites and she knew it. Virgil, Patton, and Roman were three of Thomas's favorite students. She was not.

"I cannot condone such behavior, Miss Green." Her eyes darkened as the teacher frowned. "I have a stricked no-bullying policy and you were all made aware of it. I will be contacting your parents. Now... get back to class."

"Yes, Mr. Sanders." Lydia frowned as she walked away, phone in hand. Virgil watched with narrowed eyes as she started texting someone. He had a bad feeling but before he could really think about it.

"Thank you." Virgil froze feeling that warm in his chest just at his voice. He glanced up to see Roman smiling down at him and... Virgil was a mess, to say the least. "I appreciate it, really. She just wouldn't leave me alone."

"Y-Yeah... no prob Roman lettuce."