34

"Hey, Virgil!" Virgil frowned as he walked through the school. Ever since he and Roman had outwardly started dating everyone just seemed to know him. It wasn't anything bad. In fact, a lot of the bullying even stopped but considering Virgil's extracurricular, he wasn't to happy about all the extra attention.

"H-Hey." Virgil mumbled as he gave a small wave to one of the cheerleaders that passed him by. He glanced around noticing everyone's smiles and his frown only grew more. "Why is everyone so nice to me now? I don't get it."

"It's because you make me happy." Virgil melted as a pair of arms wrapped around him. A soft chuckle sounded in his ear as Roman placed a kiss to his cheek. "So, how was your morning?"

"Interesting... at the very least I mean. Did you hear the news?" Roman paled as he tensed up instantly making Virgil quirk a brow. "I take it you did then."

"I did. Or well, Logan told me." Virgil smiled as Roman pulled away with a worried look. "It seems our small Florida town caught the eye of a very... big detective."

"Willow Winters." Virgil giggled as he rolled his eyes. "I wonder what she's afraid of."

"Nothing." Virgil frowned as the two of them slowly started to walk to class. Roman doesn't have his first four classes but ever since they came out officially he's always walked him to everyone. "Willows massive in New York. She's the biggest detective ever. Hardass... Unafraid..."

"Everyones afraid of something." Roman frowned as Virgil glanced off at the various people. He could always tell a person's fear... like he said, it was a superpower. "She's afraid of something... and I want to know what."

"Virgil, I don't want you anywhere near her." Virgil stopped as he glanced over to the fear in his boyfriend's eyes. "Please?"

"You're so afraid of losing me." Roman's gaze fell as Virgil reached out and gently caressed his cheek. "So scared of heartbreak..."

"It hurts." Virgil nodded as he leaned against the other resting his head against his chest. "I love you so much, Virgil. It was bad enough dealing with Colt... I-I-I can't..." Virgil quickly perked up, kissing the taller to shut him up before he started spiraling. Roman flushed as he wrapped his arms around his waist pulling him in as Virgil giggled into the kiss. The bell rang signaling they had to get to class and Virgil pulled away with a smile. 

"Everything is going to be ok, Roman. No one is going to come between us. I promise. Now..." Virgil laughed as he nudged the other slightly, rolling his eyes playfully over the dazed and heartsick expression the other had. "Get to class. We'll see each other for lunch next period."

"Ok, Love. I'll see you soon then." Virgil stood there in front of the door as Roman ran off giving him one last smile and wave before disappearing. Virgil's smile fell the moment he walked in. There two steps in front of him leaning against the table was the very woman that came here to catch him.

"Good morning, Virgil." Mrs. D'Laney smiled catching his attention and making him frown. He noticed Logan standing beside her and his eyes went wide. "Do you mind coming here for a moment?"

"Yes." Virgil groaned as he rolled his eyes before walking over beside his friend with a friend. "What is this about?"

"I wanted to introduce you two boys to this lovely lady..."

"Willow Winters." Virgil and Logan both said with equal about of 'fake' respect and slight annoyance. Virgil laughed softly as Logan just rolled his eyes and fixed his tie. "So the famous PI Princess was in fact here after all." Willow's eyes narrowed as Virgil held his hand out with a quirk of the brow. "Virgil Graves, I'm assuming you're here for information and support? As Logan and I are the... 'smartest' pair in the class, I can see why the teacher would introduce us."

"Virgil, please. This is a serious matter." Logan weakly scolded making Virgil roll his eyes sassily.

"For them yes. It is, but we are minors still in school. Technically all we can legally do is provide possible answers and any statement if need." Willow quirked a brow as Virgil crossed his arms with a smirk. "Isn't that right?"

"I like you. You have spunk." Virgil's smirk grew wider as he shrugged.

"Comes with the years of living in the system... orphan." Virgil knew the moment Willow's eyes snapped up that he had caught her interest. That's what he wanted. He wanted her focused on him in some way whether for support or in suspicion. To be honest the second one was the better option with what he had planned for her. "Mrs. D'Laney are we actually going to have class today or would it be ok to skip." The teacher when to obviously object only for Virgil to cut her off before she could. "I'm just saying with everything going on, I'd actually really like to spend some extra time with my boyfriend, if at all possible."

"Virgil Graves, you are in a place of learning." The teacher snapped back as Virgil smirked. "I don't know how things worked in Washington but here we do not just ALLOW kids to skip. You are here to learn not to date. You can see Roman after school."

"Roman?" Logan flinched as he shot Virgil this highly worried look seeing as Willow turned her attention completely onto him. "Would this be Roman Holiday?"

"Yep. He's my boyfriend. We've been official for about... Oh jeez. Several months now?" Logan was tense but held his cool as the other just stared directly into Willows eyes not bending an inch. "Why? Thought this was about Anxiety... not Roman."

"It is. "

"Or is it?" Willow's eyes darkened as Virgil just broke down in giggles. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just being an ass right now. I grew up in an orphanage right square in heart of Seattle. I had to learn how to protect myself in some way. I hope you'll forgive my attitude. And I hope I'll be able to help you in your case here?" Virgil quickly turned away grabbing Logan's hand as he dragged him to his desk.

"What the hell was that, Virgil? Even the most incompetent moron of law enforcement would have suspected you after that performance." Logan whispered angrily as Virgil just eyes the detective with a knowing smirk.

"That's the point, Logan." Logan's eyes went wide as Virgil shot him a sideways glance. "I want her to come. I have a plan so just let me handle it."

"Why? Why are you actively trying to get her attention?" Virgil's eyes flashed as he clenched his fists in rage.

"Nobody threatens my boyfriend." Virgil's eyes narrowed with an almost sick look as his smile grew. "If they pose a threat to Roman... then I'll 'send' them packing. I'll take care of it, Lo. Roman... past won't cause him any more trouble."

"You... You know?" Virgil smiled over at him as Logan's face filled with horror. "You know about..."

"Mr, PI Prick Dick had a file on him." Logan crashed as Virgil shrugged. "Of course it wasn't until Roman... well..." Logan flinched seeing Virgil gently touch his own neck, ice filling his veins. "... did I actually believe he had done it. Roman's a killer."

"Roman's a killer." Logan repeated in confirmation his voice barely even audible as the teacher drowned the two talking easily with her crappy lecture. 

"So am I." Virgil smiled noticing the lack of response from Logan. "But you already knew that, didn't you?" At this point, Logan was glad no one could hear them over their teacher's boring drabbles.

"What are you planning, Virgil?" Virgil's eyes once again met with Willow who frowned seeing how Virgil just smirked at her.

"I'm going to protect my prince... that's what I'm planning."