Chapter XLI

For All Have Sinned: Secret Agent x BTS AU

Part: 41/?

Pairing: Min Yoongi x reader

Genre: Secret Agent, mystery, murder, high school, Min Yoonji, cross-dressing, romance, comedy, smut

Word count: 1.2 k

Summary: You're once again assigned and shipped off with your partner to uncover the truth about the death of three high school females at a boarding school. You're determined to stop the serial killer. However, it becomes a bit difficult when you have to prevent your boyfriend from being so damn horny all of the time. Your boyfriend, who is forced to dress like a high school female student at age 24, you must add. It may seem amusing at first, but the case becomes even more difficult as students continue to get killed right beneath your nose.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Namjoon couldn't hide his bewilderment when the door of his office had been slammed open over thirty minutes ago by a disheveled looking you. He hadn't been able to even question or greet you before you grabbed a whiteboard marker off the ledge, scribbling onto his board he had just cleaned that morning.

As the board gets scribbled with writing, Namjoon's expression slowly shifts as his eyes dart over the words you write with alarm, slowly beginning to connect what you were trying to prove. Some pictures of the crime scene are also placed on the board with magnets. When the last idea gets written down, you step back, looking at the whiteboard that was covered with words along with arrows that messily point to the final conclusion.

"THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS"

Namjoon swallowed once before he slowly stood up from his seat, approaching your form without his eyes moving away from what you wrote on the massive whiteboard.

"The first victim, Kim Yeri, found on campus with a bite of a venomous snake. The second victim, Lalisa Manoban, found in the campus flower garden covered in dew and snails. Third victim, Chou Tzuyu, found in the art room with her body laying in dried pigs blood that was used to paint flowers on the floor. Fourth victim, Im Nayeon was found floating in Toad Pond early in the morning by Park Jihoon and me. The sixth victim, Ahn Hani, found in a church, her hand holding a stuffed animal that is a ram. And our final victim, Park Chaeyoung, her body was found hanging on a tree, a tarot card known as Strength stuffed in her mouth."

"A lion..." Namjoon muttered under his breath, his eyes wide as he looked up at you in shock.

You nod, grabbing hold of your bag and pulling out the book Jinyoung had given you, showing it to your leader who was pinching the bridge of his nose with his fingers. The man eyed the old cover, taking it into his hand, his eyes shifting through the first few pages silently.

"Reading this, I found out that each deadly sin has an animal representing it. A snake for envy, snail for sloth, pig for gluttony, toad for greed, ram for lust, lion for wrath," you speak slowly as you turn your head back to the board where your messy scramble is written down, "and a peacock for pride," you finish, breathing deeply through your nose before exhaling slowly.

Namjoon sighed as he leaned against his table, sitting at the edge with a deep frown on his face, "yes, I've read that somewhere before too," the man shuffles his feet, closing the book with a clap. His gaze shifts to your face, his orbs flashing with excitement he can't seem to hide. You can't help it but return his look, a smile getting pulled on your lips as Namjoon rushes to you, his hand grabbing your shoulders as he gently shook you.

"You're a fucking genius, Y/N! A fucking genius! I can't believe I never was able to connect the relations all the killings had!" Namjoon regretfully admits as he finally lets you go, rushing to the board as he grabbed a hold of another marker. You watched him as he wrote "Seventh target" in bright red, also adding Pride next to it before he stepped back.

As the two of you stared at the board, you took the marker out of Namjoon's hand, crossing each of the seven deadly sins off the board with a single line, only leaving Pride left on the board.

Namjoon ran a frustrated hand through his hair, his eyebrows furrowing. "Who is the killer targeting for the last sin? I swear we need to-"

"Kang Seulgi."

Your leader looks at you in surprise, his lips parting as he watched you, giving you a look that told you to continue. You shrug your shoulders, trying to find the correct words to use as you slowly began to explain. "It only makes sense. All these girls, they were on the top of the food chain at the school. They were even considered friends within the school, hanging out with each other because of their similarity. And Pride, it is the greatest Sin, and it's fitting for the Queen Bee, don't you think?" You question with a small frown, crossing your arms over your chest. It honestly was fitting. Seulgi still continued to sit at the top of the throne, and it seemed that one by one, her loyal subjects were erased.

You barely managed to stop yourself from sighing, clicking your tongue instead as you plopped down onto one of the chairs in the room, sinking into the soft cushion as your expression shifted thoughtfully. While you were glad you most likely found out the connection all the killing had, you weren't too sure how to feel with the way you had realized it. You had read the book. The book was given to you by Bae Jinyoung, one of the suspects. You would have never found out about the seven deadly sins and the connection it had with the killing if it wasn't for Jinyoung. But how did he know...? Shaking your head, you looked back at Namjoon who seemed to be in his own deep thought, the man biting his lower lip with his eyes narrowed on the wall.

"My concern is, what is the killer's purpose? Why are they killing these girls? What's motivating them? What made them think it's okay to kill them? What is he trying to achieve...?" You speak up, your words barely above a whisper as you adjust your position on the seat.

It seems like although you whispered Namjoon was still able to hear you. The man turned to you, opening his mouth to answer your question with his theory. But before he could even utter the first word, the door of his office slams open, making both him and you to jump in shock. You're slightly more graceful than Namjoon, only flinching, while the man's elbow catches the pile of documents that were neatly organized on his desk, the small tower of paper getting knocked over and fluttered to a collection of mess on the table and the floor.

"Fuck, goddammit! I-"

"Positive! It's a positive!!! It's a freaking positive for formalin! All five bodies have formalin in it!" Seokjin shrieks as he runs up to you, still wearing his scrubs, his brown locks tousled and disheveled.