Chapter 1: The Wolf And The Fish

Ten years later

Kyanna's POV

I was walking through the forest with my bow at my side. My friends Cody and Erma weren't too far behind me.

Cody: Kyanna, can you PLEASE slow down?

Kyanna: come on, Cody. Where's your sense of adventure? Why can't you be more like Erma? Just look at her face.

Erma walked next to Cody with a giant smile on her face.

Cody: the only thing Erma cares about right now is plants and critters.

Erma: there's so much flora and fauna here.

Cody: see?

Kyanna: come on, stop being a stick in the mud. It's a beautiful day, why don't you enjoy it?

Cody: I'm just say, you turned 19 just last week. You still have a long life ahead of you. Do you think you should be going out, looking for monsters in the forest. I mean, I heard reports of strange creatures hiding in these wo-

Kyanna: shhh, were here.

I crouched down on the edge of a small cliff. There was my target a flock of gargwa.

Cody: ok, why are we hunting gargwa?

Kyanna: well, they may not make good pets, but their meat is delicious when you batter and fry it.

Cody: seriously, I can't believe you did that, we're still finding feathers around the house.

I took my an arrow and placed it on my bow's string. I pulled it back, but before I fired Erma stopped me.

Erma: wait, what's that?

We saw something moving though the river that was near by. It leaped out of the water and managed to scare off the gargwa.

 It leaped out of the water and managed to scare off the gargwa

Cody: damnit, it's a plesioth. Those things are so annoying.

Kyanna: aw man, well there goes dinner.

Erma: well, being piscine wyverns means they spend most of their time in and around water. There's a lot around here so I would be surprised if we didn't see one.

Cody: whatever, lets get out of here before we get hip-checked.

I put my bow on my back and stood up, but before I could walk away I saw something moving through the tall grass.

Kyanna: uh guys, something else is down there.

Cody: it's probably another gargwa.

Kyanna: it looks like it's about to attack that plesioth.

Cody: it's probably just a genprey or something. let's go.

Whatever it was reached the edge of tall grass. I stood there, wanting to see what it was.

Cody: Kyanna, come on!

Suddenly, the creature leap out of the grass and onto the plesioth's neck, sinking it's teeth into it's flesh. The plesioth roared in pain as it began trying to get it off.

What it looked like shocked me. It was a boy who looked no older than me, but he had horns, a tail and wolf ears.

Kyanna: HOLY CRAP!

Cody and Erma ran back over to me and confirmed that what was seeing was real.

Cody: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?!

Erma: I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!

The boy dug his claw into the plesioth's scales. It managed to get the boy off of it's neck. The boy rolled on the ground before getting on all fours. He charged towards the plesioth and electricity surrounded his arm. He punch it in the face and knocked it to the ground. The boy pick up the plesioth the it's head and began slamming it against a near by boulder. After a few good hit the plesioth was dead. He dropped the head and crawled behind it and sunk it's teeth into it's tail. The boy then began dragging the plesioth's body to who knows where, and with that he was gone.

Me and my friends looked at each other, still in shock at what we just witnessed.

Cody: we need to tell Commander Shepard.

Kyanna: yeah, let's go.

A-23's POV

I dragged the fish monster's body through the forest. I had been tracking this thing for 3 hours now, but it will all be worth it when I see the delighted expression on my pack's faces.

I entered the clearing where we live. I saw my mother laying down near the entrance of the cave. When she noticed me she raised her head and looked at me. When she saw the fish monster's body she howled and my brothers and sister ran out of the cave.

I dragged the body closer to the cave and they dug right in. My mother walked over to me and licked me before joining my siblings. It's been 10 years since I join this pack. My mother has gotten to the age where she's unable to go and hunt our food, so that job now goes to me and my siblings who are now old enough to go and do it ourselves.

My pack ripped the flesh off of the monster's bones. I soon joined them.

When we were done and my family was asleep I opened my eyes and wandered outside. I crawled through the forest and arrived at a cliff.

I'd come to this spot every night and admire the shiny things in the sky, it always relaxed me. I sat down and just looked at the sky. I smiled and laid back down on the grass. After what felt like 15 minutes I looked at my wrist where I saw that tattoo that I got all those years ago.

After escaping that place I started wondering what happened to the other experiments. When we got out of that place we scattered and I haven't seen any of them since then. Sometimes when I'm looking up at the shiny things I'd wonder how they're doing. Did they make it out ok, did they get captured again? Those questions would haunt me every night.

I put my arm back down and made my way back to the cave. I laid down next to my mother. I snuggled up against her and fell to sleep fairly quickly.