Chapter 16: A Peculiar Feeling

Kyanna's POV

It was just an ordinary morning in town. Me, Nara, and (y/n) were the only ones home today. Erma and Finn decided to head to the market for a little shopping and Cody was on a solo assignment.

I was just sitting on the couch next to Nara, reading one of my favorite books, when (y/n) walked into the living room. I smiled at him.

Nara: where're you going?

(Y/n): I was just gonna head to the training grounds for some fighting practice.

Kyanna: ok, we'll see you later.

He left the house and I turned back to my book, still with a big smile on my face. Out of he corner of my eye I noticed Nara starring at me. I looked at her.

Kyanna: what?

She smiled and laughed.

Nara: it's just that look on your face.

I sat up.

Kyanna: what about it?

She laughed again.

Nara: Kyanna, I'm gonna ask you a question, and I want you to answer 100% truthfully.

Kyanna: uh, ok.

She placed a hand on my shoulder an looked me dead in the eye. There was a massive smirk on her face.

Nara: you like (y/n), don't you?

My eyes widened to the size of saucers and my cheeks immediately turned a deep shade of pink. She just stared at me, waiting for my answer.

Kyanna: w-well yeah, he's a r-really good friend!

She waved a finger in front of my face.

Nara: no no no. I mean do you LIKE him?

Kyanna: I-I...uh!

She smirked at me again.

Nara: I've seen that look before.

Kyanna: what?

Nara: when I was living in the forest, I'd observe hunter's in relationship and see that same expression on there faces.

To be honest, she was right. I had been feeling emotions I hadn't felt before when ever I was with (y/n).

Kyanna: fine, I...like (y/n).

Nara: knew it.

Kyanna: w-well, what do I do? I've never...liked... anyone before. What if he doesn't feel the same?

Nara: from what I've witnessed, people tend to spend a lot of time around the person they like. I say you try that. How about you go to the training grounds and join him.

Kyanna: um...ok.

I grabbed my bow an training gear from my room and walked through the front door. Before I was completely out the door, Nara spoke in a teasing tone.

Nara: good luuuck.

I closed the door behind me and began making my way to the training grounds. Once I got there I looked around and saw a bunch of other hunters training.

My eyes continued to scan my surroundings until I saw (y/n) practicing with on of the training dummies. He was wearing a navy blue tank top that showed off his...very...toned muscles. I blushed before patting my cheeks to bring myself back to reality. I walked over to him.

Kyanna: hey, (y/n).

He turned to me and smiled.

(Y/n): hey, you getting some training done too?

Kyanna: yeah, I just felt like I needed the practice. My aim with my bow is kinda subpar.

(Y/n): well I can help you with that. Let's head to the shooting range.

Before we left (y/n) jumped and kicked the head clean off of the dummy he was using. We walked over to the targets.

(Y/n): ok, fire an arrow.

I took an arrow out of my quiver and pulled it back on the string. I released the string and the arrow sailed through the air, only to completely miss the target and hit the wall behind it.

(Y/n): hm, I see what you're doing wrong.

Kyanna: what is it?

(Y/n): draw another arrow.

I did what he said and pulled another arrow back on the bow's string. He walked behind me and placed both of his hands on my shoulders. I flinched.

(Y/n): first off, you stiffen your shoulders too much when you shoot. You need to lower them and relax.

He gently pushed my shoulders down and I tried my best to relax. He took his hands off of my shoulders and walked next to me.

(Y/n): how long have you been shooting like this?

Kyanna: since I became a hunter.

(Y/n): wow, I'm surprised you didn't notice sooner.

He knelt down and put his hands on my calf, I blushed.

(Y/n): your legs are too close to each other. You need to separate them to get more balance when you fire.

He moved one of my leg back a bit before standing back up.

(Y/n): now, aim at the target and fire.

I turned back to the target, breathed a bit, and let go of the string. The arrow sailed through the air and...

(Y/n): bullseye.

I dropped my bow and began jumping up and down with excitement.

Kyanna: yes, I've never hit a shot that perfect before!

(Y/n): congrats. Just remember, relax your shoulders and separate your legs, keep doing that and you'll hit your mark every time.

I suddenly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.

Kyanna: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

He seemed startled at my sudden act of gratitude, but soon put his arms around me.

After a few seconds, I finally realized what I was doing and pulled away, blushing like crazy and tapping my fingers together. (Y/n) just laughed.

(Y/n): well, you wanna get some more training in? I could use a sparring partner.

Kyanna: s-sure.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) and chibi Kyanna sparring

The day ended with us going home sweaty and tired. Everyone else had gotten done with their stuff and came home too. (Y/n) hop into his hammock and almost immediately fell asleep. I say on the couch laid back in exhaustion. Nara leaned in and whispered in my ear.

Nara: *whispers* so how'd it go?

I began thinking back on what happened today and smiled.

Kyanna: it went great.