Epilogue

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes fluttered open as sunlight shined in through the window. I sat up and yawned. I climbed out of my little hammock and did a bit of stretching. My ear quickly perked up when I heard noise coming from outside. I curiously walked over to the front door and opened it.

I walked outside and saw humans and hybrids alike carrying bricks and wooden beams around town, rebuilding destroyed buildings and houses. I began wandering through the streets and taking in what was happening. I looked up and saw Kestin hammering nails into a ceiling beam.

(Y/n): what's up, Kestin?

He looked down at me and smiled.

Kestin: oh hey, (y/n).

(Y/n): how's reconstruction going?

Kestin: it's going good.

(Y/n): I bet it's hard to help out with repairs with all the hybrids around now.

Kestin: if a hybrid's able to throw up a building in 2 hours with their crazy powers that just means we gotta do it in 1.

(Y/n): alright then, I'll see ya later man.

Kestin: later.

I continued my walk through town and took the time to analyze what the hybrids were doing. An ahtal-ka hybrid using a bunch of golden string to lift up a pile of wooden beams, an amatsu hybrid wetting cement, and a lunastra hybrid drying it. Everything seemed to be in working order, so I moved on. As I walked I began to hear some kind of argument coming from nearby. I looked to my right and saw...

Finn: REX, THAT'S NOT WHAT THE PLASTER IS USED FOR!

Rex: SORRY, IT JUST LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE CEMENT!

Nara grabbed the backs of their heads and bashed them together.

Nara: would you two stop bickering for 2 seconds?!

Finn/Rex: YES MA'AM!

Nara sighed before noticing me. She smiled.

Nara: morning, (y/n).

(Y/n): hey guys, how ya doing?

Nara: well, I've been trying to keep those two numbskulls under control, but...

She gestured back to Finn and Rex who were up in each other's faces, growling.

Nara: HEY!

They both turned their bodies to face her, standing up straight like soldiers in a line.

(Y/n): so where's Aiko?

Nara said nothing and pointed up to some scaffolding where Aiko was painting a finished part of the build with her brush tail, humming to herself the whole time.

(Y/n): well, I guess everyone has their methods of working.

Nara: she's the only one whose been doing their goddamn job, so I don't need to yell at her. These two idiot on the other hand...

She turned back to Finn and Rex, who were visibility sweating bullets out of fear.

(Y/n): uh, ok. You seen Kyanna anywhere.

Nara: she's setting up the new statue in the town's center.

(Y/n): thanks, keep up the good work.

Nara: we'll try.

I wandered off an soon arrived at the center of town. I saw Kyanna looking up as a few hunters were pulling on rope to place down a stone statue of commander Shepard. I snuck up behind Kyanna and wrapped my arms around her. She jumped with a yelp. She quickly turned to see who it was and smiled when she saw it was me.