Chapter 19: The Goddess Of Bubbles

(Y/n)'s POV

It's been about 2 weeks since Rex joined our team. Everyone else warmed up to him pretty quickly. Well, except for Finn. Seriously, the first with Rex said when he met Finn was "why is he so short?" Needless to say, Finn didn't like that one but. I doubt those two are gonna get along.

Anyway, me and the other hybrids were training with Nomad. Rex and Nara were sparring while me, Finn, and Nomad were just watching. Rex may have been superior in terms of physical strength, but Nara was quicker on her feet, so it didn't take long for her to get him on the ground.

I was actually too lost in thought to be paying attention to their fight. Even though it had been 2 weeks I couldn't shake the fact that the claws of dala were still out there. Nomad noticed this.

Nomad: everything alright, kid?

I turned to him.

(Y/n): I'm just thinking.

Nomad: about?

I hesitated a bit, but I eventually told him.

(Y/n): the claws of dala.

Everyone else stopped and turned to me upon hearing that.

(Y/n): even after 10 years they're still active. I don't know what they want or what they're planning, but thinking about it terrifies me.

My hands traced over the many scars on my arms as those traumatic memories flooded my mind.

(Y/n): they put us through utter hell inorder to turn us into weapons. Everyday in that place was a nightmare filled with fear and pain. I don't wanna go back to that.

I felt Nomad put his hand on my head and kneel down in front of me. I jumped a bit.

Nomad: don't worry, kid. You've got friends who I know won't let that happen. They'll defend you to the very end.

He stood up and looked at the rest of us.

Nomad: I understand you kids have been through a lot, but don't let what happened in the past stop you from reaching the future. Got it?

We all nodded.

Nomad: good. That enough training for today. Why don't you kids head back to town and get yourselves some lunch?

We left and went back to town. After eating lunch we made our way over to the center of town. When we arrived we saw people on ladders, hanging up lights and other decorations.

I saw Kyanna talking to the commander and decided to ask her what was going on.

(Y/n): hey, Kyanna.

She turned to me and smiled.

Kyanna: hey, (y/n).

(Y/n): what's all this about.

Kyanna: oh, we're decorations for the winter festival.

Rex: winter festival?

Kyanna: it's pretty self-explanatory. It's a celebration for the coming of winter. It's gonna be great. There'll be dancing, music, and food.

(Y/n): YOU HAD ME AT FOOD! I'M IN!

Our conversation was cut short by the commander calling us over.

Shepard: hey hybrids, got a letter for ya.

We walked over to him and took the letter in his hand. I opened it and read it aloud.

Dear hybrids of the hunter's guild

The caretakers of the Eastern Forest shrine humbly invite you to a meeting with our goddess. As soon as she heard of you she had been wishing to meet you all. We hope you will except her invitation and join our goddess for a little chat.